What do I need

Post by Mike » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:41:06

Ok here is the situation,
I am in cleveland ohio and i am setting up a sql server
that will be stationed in San diago, We are going to
access the data using a VPN on the san diago side they are
using a Cisco VPN with a full T1 line.

What do i need in cleveland in reference to a ISP.  A Fast
DSL would be sufficient to access the records on the SQL
server would nt it ?

Thanks mike

I have 2 Recordsets on 2 different applications communicating with the same
database

-=The first Recordset is opened with=-
m_pGlobal_RS->Open(adCmd, m_pConnection.GetInterfacePtr(), adOpenKeyset,
adLockPessimistic, adCmdText);

-=The second Recordset is opened with=-
local_RS->Open(adCmd, m_pConnection.GetInterfacePtr(), adOpenKeyset,
adLockReadOnly, adCmdText);

* adCmd is a simple SELECT statement that is the SAME for both recordsets.

The code order is roughly this

Open m_pGlobal_RS
Change fields on m_pGlobal_RS
MoveNext on all rows of m_pGlobal_RS until EOF then MoveFirst  // since
pessimistic every row op sends update
..
..
I then fire an event to another application which opens local_RS.

It is random whether the data opened by the second RS is the pre-update data
or the post-update data. How can this be? I opened the connection
with the default  synchronous option, isn't this asynchronous behavior?

Thanks for the help,
-=Adog

2. Printing to multiple printers - PLEASE HELP!!

3. Trigger doing UNLOAD to file OR calling Store Procedure doing the UNLOAD to file

4. ObjectPAL: Programme for HTML-Import?

5. Caché from InterSystems - doing wh at other MV vendors should be doing

6. V7.1 FP2 Questions/Problems

7. Need help doing backups

8. Books (for novices) on SQL (Summary)

9. What needs to be done?

10. Can this be done in java, or do I need antoher language

11. Need to know when a CommitTrans is done

12. help I need to know whether this can be done

13. Need some part-time remote DBA work done?????