Help!!! Can't open database after copying

Help!!! Can't open database after copying

Post by Darrell N. Eubank » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:49:25

Help!  We're getting rid of an old ailing server running Win2K with SQL 7.0.
We put Win2K with SQL2000 online and used the Copy Database Wizard on the
new server to copy (not move) the data from old to new.  The copy went fine.
Now, however, we cannot access the data from either.  On the new, the
database shows as single user and none of the tables can be opened.  On the
old, no server connection is made, saying the default database is not
available.  Can't figure out how to use Q246133, since we can't open
anything to use the commands.  Help!

Help!!! Can't open database after copying

Post by Darrell Eubank » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:26:32

Problem solved.  On new server, we changed from single user.  Couldn't fix
old server, but we don't care.  Our applications attach to new server just
fine.  Thanks to all who helped.

Quote:> Help!  We're getting rid of an old ailing server running Win2K with SQL
7.0.
> We put Win2K with SQL2000 online and used the Copy Database Wizard on the
> new server to copy (not move) the data from old to new.  The copy went
fine.
> Now, however, we cannot access the data from either.  On the new, the
> database shows as single user and none of the tables can be opened.  On
the
> old, no server connection is made, saying the default database is not
> available.  Can't figure out how to use Q246133, since we can't open
> anything to use the commands.  Help!

1. Help! Can't open databases after copying

Help!  We're getting rid of an old ailing server running Win2K with SQL 7.0.
We put Win2K with SQL2000 online and used the Copy Database Wizard on the
new server to copy (not move) the data from old to new.  The copy went fine.
Now, however, we cannot access the data from either.  On the new, the
database shows as single user and none of the tables can be opened.  On the
old, no server connection is made, saying the default database is not
available.  Can't figure out how to use Q246133, since we can't open
anything to use the commands.  Help!

2. DTS job hangs when scheduled

3. Help!! Can't open database after copying

4. Updating an ADOR Recordset with SQL Server 7.0

5. (newbie needs help) trying to open copy of SQL Server7 database on local machine

6. SQL 2000: Copy complete database from one server to another... Analagous to transfer database in 6.5

7. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

8. Dts versioning

9. Copy Database Wizard can't copy *.mdf file while transfer DB from MSSQL7 to MSSQL2000

10. SQL7, raid NT server , can't make copy of database for testdb - HELP

11. error 3050 - couldn't open file / vb 4.0 trying to open access database

12. help: database assistant won't open