DTS log error

Post by G. Bat » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 06:11:56

When I run a dts script, I get the following message during one of the
many tasks that is copying a foxpro database to a sql database -

Cannot open a log file of specified name. The process cannot access
the file because it is being used by another process.

When I run the step alone, I don't get the error. This has worked
before and just started getting the error recently. There is no other
process accessing either the input foxpro database or the output sql
database. Can anyone give me a suggestion about where to look?

Thanks

GB

DTS log error

Post by Darren Gree » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 04:29:09

Quote:>When I run a dts script, I get the following message during one of the
>many tasks that is copying a foxpro database to a sql database -

>Cannot open a log file of specified name. The process cannot access
>the file because it is being used by another process.

>When I run the step alone, I don't get the error. This has worked
>before and just started getting the error recently. There is no other
>process accessing either the input foxpro database or the output sql
>database. Can anyone give me a suggestion about where to look?

>Thanks

>GB

What is the task? What does this task do? Is it perhaps talking about a
the Package (Error) log file or a DataPump log file?

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

1. DTS logging error message

I received the following error when a dts package failed. I don't know what
storage space it is referring to becuase there was plenty of hard drive
space. Has anyone come across this???

-JD

stepexecutionid      lineagefull                          stepname
stepexecstatus stepexecresult starttime
endtime                                                elapsedtime
errorcode   errordescription
progresscount
-------------------- ------------------------------------ ------------------
---------------------------------- -------------- -------------- -----------
------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
---------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
 ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------- --------------------
475672               5E390522-DCE2-40C1-97E4-9B0BCA016A15
DTSStep_DTSExecutePackageTask_1
4              1              2002-03-30 14:11:43.000
2002-03-30 14:11:43.000
                                     -2147024888

Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package
Step Error Description:Not enough storage is available to process this
command.
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Step Error code: 80070008
Step Error  5956

2. automatic dts --->prublems

3. Extracting log information for DTS Packages, Steps, and Error in a ActiveX Script

4. ADO and Temporary tables

5. DTS error because Log files are full

6. Austin Tx Sybase DBA Position

7. Using DTS Error Logging

8. Slow performance Insert into query

9. DTS error message in Event Log

10. DTS Error Logging

11. DTS Error Log?

12. DTS SQL Task: How to Log Errors Without Complete Failure

13. Sqlserver agent job log file error while executing dts packages