SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

Post by Klynt Klime » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00



SQL Server 6.5 and Borland's SQL LINKS for Paradox for DOS 4.5 work
great together, but SQL 7.0 does not.  
(I get "READ FROM SQL SERVER FAILED: POSSIBLE NETWORK ERROR" on any
query from PDOX)

I know I'm using an antiquated product, but any help is appreciated.

(PDOXSQL uses DBNMPIPE to talk with the server)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Klynt

 
 
 

SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00


Your probably using the SQL 6.5 ODBC driver and not the SQL 7.0 ODBC driver.

Andy


Quote:> SQL Server 6.5 and Borland's SQL LINKS for Paradox for DOS 4.5 work
> great together, but SQL 7.0 does not.
> (I get "READ FROM SQL SERVER FAILED: POSSIBLE NETWORK ERROR" on any
> query from PDOX)

> I know I'm using an antiquated product, but any help is appreciated.

> (PDOXSQL uses DBNMPIPE to talk with the server)

> Any thoughts?

> Thanks,
> Klynt


 
 
 

SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

Post by Klyn » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00


Since PARADOX 4.5 is a DOS app, how could I be doing that?   I didn't think
it used ODBC at all... Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Klynt



> Your probably using the SQL 6.5 ODBC driver and not the SQL 7.0 ODBC
driver.

> Andy



> > SQL Server 6.5 and Borland's SQL LINKS for Paradox for DOS 4.5 work
> > great together, but SQL 7.0 does not.
> > (I get "READ FROM SQL SERVER FAILED: POSSIBLE NETWORK ERROR" on any
> > query from PDOX)

> > I know I'm using an antiquated product, but any help is appreciated.

> > (PDOXSQL uses DBNMPIPE to talk with the server)

> > Any thoughts?

> > Thanks,
> > Klynt

 
 
 

SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00


Klynt,

    In that case, I am pretty sure the lower level libraries are not
compatable and your probably out of luck. Since I don't use 6.5 I could be
wrong, but I doubt it in this case.

Andy


> Since PARADOX 4.5 is a DOS app, how could I be doing that?   I didn't
think
> it used ODBC at all... Am I wrong?

> Thanks,
> Klynt



> > Your probably using the SQL 6.5 ODBC driver and not the SQL 7.0 ODBC
> driver.

> > Andy




- Show quoted text -

Quote:> > > SQL Server 6.5 and Borland's SQL LINKS for Paradox for DOS 4.5 work
> > > great together, but SQL 7.0 does not.
> > > (I get "READ FROM SQL SERVER FAILED: POSSIBLE NETWORK ERROR" on any
> > > query from PDOX)

> > > I know I'm using an antiquated product, but any help is appreciated.

> > > (PDOXSQL uses DBNMPIPE to talk with the server)

> > > Any thoughts?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Klynt

 
 
 

SQL Svr 7 and Borland's SQL Links for Paradox for DOS 4.5

Post by Dave Tod » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00


i have heard that microsoft is not providing library dlls for SQL 7.0 and
onwards.  Therefore BDE can not be patched to use it.  Anyway Borland is
phasing out the BDE as well.



> Klynt,

>     In that case, I am pretty sure the lower level libraries are not
> compatable and your probably out of luck. Since I don't use 6.5 I could be
> wrong, but I doubt it in this case.

> Andy



> > Since PARADOX 4.5 is a DOS app, how could I be doing that?   I didn't
> think
> > it used ODBC at all... Am I wrong?

> > Thanks,
> > Klynt



> > > Your probably using the SQL 6.5 ODBC driver and not the SQL 7.0 ODBC
> > driver.

> > > Andy



> > > > SQL Server 6.5 and Borland's SQL LINKS for Paradox for DOS 4.5 work
> > > > great together, but SQL 7.0 does not.
> > > > (I get "READ FROM SQL SERVER FAILED: POSSIBLE NETWORK ERROR" on any
> > > > query from PDOX)

> > > > I know I'm using an antiquated product, but any help is appreciated.

> > > > (PDOXSQL uses DBNMPIPE to talk with the server)

> > > > Any thoughts?

> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Klynt

 
 
 

1. WANT TO BUY: SQL Links for Paradox 4.5 DOS

WE WANT TO BUY...

     ***  Paradox 4.5 for DOS SQL Links  ***

Borland no longer supplies this product and we do need one copy of the
software, including original documentation and disk(s), for a
client/server project.

The firm I work for is located in the United States.  We would prefer to
buy from someone in the U.S. as that avoids monetary and export
complexities.

If you have this item and would like to sell it, please reply privately
with your asking price to any of the addresses listed below.

Thanks much!

Charles Savage
  Atkinson-Baker, Inc.
  330 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 250
  Glendale, CA  91203
  http://www.depo.com


(818) 551-7310, ext 110
(818) 551-7330, fax

2. Java Applet with JDBC newbie question.

3. DOS SQL Link 4.5

4. Restoring tables from backup??

5. SQL Link for PDOX 4.5 DOS

6. 19812-AZ-Phoenix-HP-9000-HP-UX-ORACLE-BAAN-HP-UX, Oracle DBA, Baan

7. Paradox 4.5 for DOS's NUPDATE

8. Check for file size using DTS

9. IMPORT PARADOX FOR DOS V 4.5 INTO PDOXWIN 4.5

10. Paradox 4.5 SQL link/Oracle 7.0

11. Paradox SQL Link Sybase Problem (4.5 & 5.0)

12. Paradox 4.5 SQL links upgrade or BDE x.0

13. HELP! - DOS GP errors-Paradox 4.5 for DOS