ODBC API vs RDO vs ADO

Post by Timothy Keog » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am developing 3 tier VB 5 app with SQLServer.
I implemented my own DB class for the data access layer, using Methods
wrapped around ODBC API.
It works just great, but is there a compelling reason for me to switch to
RDO
or ADO and use UserConnections ???

1. ODBC API vs RDO

Is there any published performance comparison confronting ODBC API vs RDO?
I am also interested in personal impressions against specific database
servers.

Thank you,
Martin.

2. Net Cops Lose!!!

3. ODBC-API vs. RDO

4. Auto Incrementing Primary Key

5. ODBC Vs ODBCDirect Vs ADO Vs OLE/DB advise

6. Cycle Through Each Record

7. ADO vs RDO vs ???

8. Hierarchical Data

9. ADO vs RDO vs DAO?

10. ADO vs DAO vs RDO

11. ADO/OLE DB vs Native vs RDO - Oracle

12. DAO vs others (ADO, ODBC, OLE, RDO, ...)

13. ODBC versions vs ODBC API conformance levels