xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005 HELP>>>PLEASE

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005 HELP>>>PLEASE

Post by mik » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:08:15

Our environment:
 Windows Server 2000
 Exchange 2000
 SQL Server 2000 sp2

My stored procedures that process emails have been failing for a few
days.  I have read all the posts regarding this matter on this
newgroup.  I can't believe that i still do not have this problem
resolved.

I have recreated the startup account, email profile etc.  Still have
the problem.

When i execute exec xp_sendmail '<email address here>', 'hi' I get the
following error message

Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

If i execute xp_startmail it tells me that the mail session already
started.

Any ideas of what may be causing this problem.

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005 HELP>>>PLEASE

Post by TS » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:05:45

Did something happen with your MAPI?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Our environment:
> Windows Server 2000
> Exchange 2000
> SQL Server 2000 sp2

>My stored procedures that process emails have been
failing for a few
>days.  I have read all the posts regarding this matter on
this
>newgroup.  I can't believe that i still do not have this
problem
>resolved.

>I have recreated the startup account, email profile etc.
Still have
>the problem.

>When i execute exec xp_sendmail '<email address

here>', 'hi' I get the

Quote:>following error message

>Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
>xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

>If i execute xp_startmail it tells me that the mail
session already
>started.

>Any ideas of what may be causing this problem.
>.

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005 HELP>>>PLEASE

Post by Roman Tumayki » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:36:46

Try to reinstall Outlook.  It fixed this problem once for me.

Also it stops working immediately or is it still able to send the emails out
for few times and then hangs?

Regards

-- Roman Tumaykin

Quote:> Our environment:
>  Windows Server 2000
>  Exchange 2000
>  SQL Server 2000 sp2

> My stored procedures that process emails have been failing for a few
> days.  I have read all the posts regarding this matter on this
> newgroup.  I can't believe that i still do not have this problem
> resolved.

> I have recreated the startup account, email profile etc.  Still have
> the problem.

> When i execute exec xp_sendmail '<email address here>', 'hi' I get the
> following error message

> Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
> xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005

> If i execute xp_startmail it tells me that the mail session already
> started.

> Any ideas of what may be causing this problem.

xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005 HELP>>>PLEASE

Post by mik » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:04:38

Resolved...It seemed that stop and starting the agent service was not
good enough.  I had to execute xp_stopmail and xp_startmail manually.

Apparently the cause of this problem was that the network group was
doing maintenance on servers and the exchange server was down much
longer than the sql server hence sql was trying to access email while
the email server was down.  This hosed it up.

I am sure that rebooting sql server would have resolved this problem
also.

Hope this helps

(thanks for the help)