How to sync stored procedures, triggers and constraints in SQL SERVER 6.5 Replication

How to sync stored procedures, triggers and constraints in SQL SERVER 6.5 Replication

Post by jairogub.. » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

We're trying to configure two SQL SERVERS: 1 publisher/distribution and
another subscriber.

We want to replicate all tables of a database to the second server, but
we have some problem with the synchronization of indexes, stored
procedures, triggers and constraints.

When the replication is started with sync method "Data Synchronization
Automatically Applied" SQL SERVER recreates all tables on the
subscriber
but some indexes and stored procedures and triggers are not recreated.

One solution is transfer the database to the second server and then
start the replication setting the sync method to "No data
synchronization".
I don't want to update the replication sync scripts (.SCH) by hand
because I have 273 tables in my database. (urgh!!)

Have someone another idea how to automatically recreate the procedures
and triggers on the subscriber server?

How to sync stored procedures, triggers and constraints in SQL SERVER 6.5 Replication

Post by KNV » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

In SQL Server 7.0 only tables and stored procedures are replicated. You can
make the constraints on primary keys to replicate, by selecting that in the
snapshot tab of the article properties window

--
KNV
Check out http://members.tripod.com/~vyaskn/SQLServerRes.html for SQL Server

>We're trying to configure two SQL SERVERS: 1 publisher/distribution and
>another subscriber.

>We want to replicate all tables of a database to the second server, but
>we have some problem with the synchronization of indexes, stored
>procedures, triggers and constraints.

>When the replication is started with sync method "Data Synchronization
>Automatically Applied" SQL SERVER recreates all tables on the
>subscriber
>but some indexes and stored procedures and triggers are not recreated.

>One solution is transfer the database to the second server and then
>start the replication setting the sync method to "No data
>synchronization".
>I don't want to update the replication sync scripts (.SCH) by hand
>because I have 273 tables in my database. (urgh!!)

>Have someone another idea how to automatically recreate the procedures
>and triggers on the subscriber server?

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

1. Replication of stored procedures in SQL 6.5 !?

Hi there!  We just began a new project with multiple SQL Servers running at
different locations.  As the project grows, more and more stored procedures
will be developed at our Central Publisher Server, we want these sp to be
available to all the subscribers.  Since sp are stored in system tables, I
would like to know if anyone has already tried updating stored procedures
to other servers using a replication technique.

Best regards,

/*---------------------------------------------------------------+

 | OPTIMIZING SOFTWARE, S.A.     http://wwp.mirabilis.com/543702 |
 | Tel/Fax:(507)269-9256  Tel:(507)223-2103  Pager:(507)265-5155 |
 +---------------------------------------------------------------*/

2. How to get properly arranges database

3. Migrating user owned stored procedures and views from SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0

4. SQL Server Application roles and connections

5. MFC and SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures

6. HTTP Error

7. 6.5 7.0 Upgrade SQL Server Performance Issues Stored Procedure

8. HEX Conversion for CHAR data

9. SQL Server 6.5/RDO/VB5/MTS stored procedures

10. Accessing Oracle from SQL Server 6.5 Stored procedure

11. converting stored procedures from SQL Server 6.5 to 2000

12. MFC and SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures

13. Debugging MS SQL Server 6.5 stored procedures from VB5.0