SQL View

Post by Chon » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have two databases (COST, HR) created by the same administrator ID in a
SQL server. How to create a view in the COST database that contains a few
columns from a table in HR database.

SQL View

Post by Anthony Evan » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Select d1.id, d2.name From master.dbo.sysobjects as d1 inner join
model.dbo.sysobjects as d2 where d1.id = d2.id

Quote:> I have two databases (COST, HR) created by the same administrator ID in a
> SQL server. How to create a view in the COST database that contains a few
> columns from a table in HR database.

SQL View

Post by BPMargoli » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Chong,

Use the fully-qualified table name: databaseA.userid.tableA.

For example, from the COST database, you would reference HR tables as
HR.userid.tablename.

Quote:> I have two databases (COST, HR) created by the same administrator ID in a
> SQL server. How to create a view in the COST database that contains a few
> columns from a table in HR database.

1. Move Access Views to MS SQL Views

Hi all,

I am converting Access to MS SQL.  I have 2 questions:

1.  Is there any built-in tool in Access or MS SQL that
allows me to re-create the Access view in MS SQL
database?  I can copy and paste if there is no tool to do
that.

2.  When I open a view or a table in MS SQL, a NULL is
shown up if the field value is NULL.  In Access, a blank
is shown when the field value is NULL.  Is there any easy
way to make MS SQL work the same way as Access for this?
I am just looking for a toggle button or similar, not
trying to change the SQL in view nor open table by queries.

Thanks,

Nam.

2. US-NYC Top Level Programmer Analyst

3. Creating a local view using CREATE SQL VIEW

4. How do I transfer DTS Packages

5. Remote View prompting for parameters on CREATE SQL VIEW

6. Default NLS_DATE_FORMAT opinions please

7. Remote view prompting for parameters on CREATE SQL VIEW

8. Update trigger alternative code

9. Access97 / SQL Server 6.5: Linking to SQL Views Programatically

10. Diff between SQL view and SQL Analyzer?

11. Recursive SQL in a T-SQL View

12. SQL view, help needed from an SQL guru

13. Help on MS SQL - Views and SQL standardisation