hook stored procedure compilation

Post by Nurgun Ozgu » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:52:50

Hi All,

How to hook sp recompilation. I am trying to make
version kontrol for sp.

Regards,

hook stored procedure compilation

Post by Greg Linwoo » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:16:34

I'm not sure how you'd be seeing sp recompilation relating to version
control?

fwiw, you can identify when stored procedures are re-compiled via the SQL
Profiler.

HTH

Cheers,
Greg Linwood

Quote:> Hi All,

> How to hook sp recompilation. I am trying to make
> version kontrol for sp.

> Regards,

hook stored procedure compilation

Post by Delbert Glas » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:14:20

Quote:> Hi All,

> How to hook sp recompilation. I am trying to make
> version kontrol for sp.

> Regards,

I could be wrong but let me at least give you a chance
to access the following (mis?)information.

For a sp to be recompile it must already be compiled!
Furthermore, the recompile is not due to the procedure changing.

A procedure is not compiled when I change it!

You may be trying to rebuild the wheel, try
looking into the procedures like dt_addtosourcecontrol.

Bye,
Delbert Glass

1. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

Hi,
I'm using the stored procedure builder of DB2 UDB v6.1 on NT to create a
Java Stored Procedure to call another Java Stored Procedure. Both of
them belong to the same project in stored procedure builder.
The sp that calls another sp has the code as follows:
// Calling another java sp -- ErrorHandler
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
err.execute("Test #1", 100, "Testing #1");
When I want to build the sp which calls another sp from within, it gave
me an error as follows:
C:\IBMVJava\ide\tools\com-ibm-db2-tools-dev-spb-ivj\spb\bld953747549650\
com\intertrac\datamart\sp\SelectBillShipAddr.java:18: Class
com.intertrac.datamart.sp.ErrorHandler not found in type declaration.
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
Does anyone have any clue of how this can be properly done ? Please let
me know.
Thanks,
ra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Access to SQL Server

3. Calling a stored procedure with parameters from another stored procedure

4. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

5. Using Resultset in Stored Procedure in another stored procedure

6. US-CO-Oracle Forms 3/4.5-$$-Contract/Staff-RJC

7. How can I make the following Store procedure into Geniric Store Procedure

8. ADO Connection->Open fails when using MSDataShape

9. Stored Procedures vs Extended Stored Procedures

10. Call a stored procedure in another stored procedure

11. Stored procedures calling stored procedures....

12. Call a stored procedure from another stored procedure

13. Stored Procedure calling Stored Procedure