SQL 7.0 upgrade from Evaluation copy...

Post by Erick Gonzales del C » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

HI...

Im having a DTS problem,
I want to export (transfer) data from my desktop SQL 7.0 to a NT Server
(standard Sql 7.0), but there is a message with something like " The license
for the installation of MSQL on your source and destination connections does
not permit the use DTS to transform data..."
I was using SQL evaluation before, but i uninstalled it and reinstalled an
original copy,.....

any idea???
maybe there is a way to do the upgrade... or i have to do something else...

Thanks in advance...

SQL 7.0 upgrade from Evaluation copy...

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Erick,

Just use sp_detach_db and sp_attach_db

Quote:> Im having a DTS problem,
> I want to export (transfer) data from my desktop SQL 7.0 to a NT Server
> (standard Sql 7.0), but there is a message with something like " The license
> for the installation of MSQL on your source and destination connections does
> not permit the use DTS to transform data..."
> I was using SQL evaluation before, but i uninstalled it and reinstalled an
> original copy,.....

> any idea???
> maybe there is a way to do the upgrade... or i have to do something else...

Q.  I'm getting the following error with SQL 7 DTS - "The license for the
installation of MS SQL Server on your source and destinations connections does
not permit the use of DTS to transform data.  Refer to your license for more
information."
(v1.0 6.1.1999)

A.  In the very small-print on the license agreement it says you can't do
distributed
operations (dist. query, replication, DTS) between SQL Server Desktop and
Standard/Enterprise version if the Standard/Enterprise version is installed in
"per server" mode.

Switch the SQL Server to "per-seat" mode" via the licensing applet in control
panel.

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 For SQL FAQ entries see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Upgrading evaluation copy to licensed copy

The installation will not validate the product key no
matter how I input it.  The key on the live CD is easy to
read and should not pose  any problem.  Is there a trick
to updating a eval copy?  It is being used for time clocks
so I don't want to have it down for any length of time.

2. Nested Cursors

3. SQL Server 7.0 evaluation copy

4. browse interactive

5. Changing a field type

6. Getting Sql Server 7.0 evaluation copy

7. VFP 6.0 - Changing grid cell colors

8. Upgrade from Evaluation Copy

9. Upgrading evaluation copy

10. SQL 7.0 beta upgraded to SQL 7.0

11. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

12. upgrade from SQL 7.0 beta3 to SQL 7.0