SQL 2000 Analyse Services and Windows XP Advanced Server

SQL 2000 Analyse Services and Windows XP Advanced Server

Post by Martina Stren » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:17:32

I installed Windows XP Advanced Server Beta 2 and then
installed SQL 2000 Analyze Services. The installation
process seemed to work fine. However, when I try to
connect to Analyzes Services it starts the connection
process but times out and tells me that no connection is
possible, since I do not have access rights... Hence, I
have the full administrative rights..
Anybody encountered the same problem?

1. Analysis Services 2000 /Windows XP / Office XP

Hi there,

can anyone help me with a definitive guide as to what combination of the
following should work correctly. My understanding is that there is a
known problem with a version of the msolap80.dll that has shipped with
some releases of MDAC 2.7 but I don't know which MDAC 2.7 releases are
or aren't OK.

Windows XP  and AS2000 sp1
Windows XP  and AS2000 sp2
Would including Office XP in the mix of the above make any difference?

Basically, I need to find a combination that is OK whether it involves
installing PTSFull from AS 2000 SP1 or SP2 or from Office 2000 or
where-ever. Also I gather there may be a release of MDAC 2.7 SP1 out
shortly?

Graeme Axworthy
Senior Architect
Global Product Development - Europe
Tel:  +44 (0) 20 7393 5509
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7393 5503

IMS HEALTH
7 Harewood Avenue, London, NW1 6JB, UK.
www.imshealth.com

2. Query to show null columns

3. Migration to Windows 2000 Advanced server + SQL Server 2000

4. RELEASE: dsql-1.1

5. Connectivity from XP Pro to SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server

6. SQL syntax checker

7. Windows 2000/XP update causes crash of SQL Service Manager

8. ALTER TABLE OWNER: handle toast

9. Service pack 2 for sql server 2000 on windows 2000 server

10. Installing SQL Server 7.0 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

11. sql server 7.0 with windows 2000 advanced cluster server

12. SQL Server 7.0 Clustering and WNLB on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

13. SQLserver 2000 SP2 breaks Network Address Translation on Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server