Platinum SQL-Spy

Post by Spyd » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I would be interested in hearing opinions about the Platinum SQL-Spy product
from SQL Server DBAs who have either evaluated or are regularly using the
product.  I have recently evaluated the product and I am willing to share my
opinions as well.

Please post replies to this newsgroup or e-mail me by removing the words
'NOSPAM' from my e-mail address.

thanks!

Platinum SQL-Spy

Post by Andrew Prosse » Fri, 19 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I last used this product about 2 years ago and all it did essentially was
run an enhanced version of sp_monitor on the Server and graph the output
graphically, it looked impressive but was not that useful, also it could be
very intrusive on the server and could effect performance. Obviously they
will have ramped the product up a bit by now but I feel a better range of
products are offered by Cyrano - have a look here
http://www.cyrano.com/products.html

Andrew Prosser

>I would be interested in hearing opinions about the Platinum SQL-Spy
product
>from SQL Server DBAs who have either evaluated or are regularly using the
>product.  I have recently evaluated the product and I am willing to share
my
>opinions as well.

1. Platinum SQL-Spy

I would be interested in hearing opinions about the Platinum SQL-Spy product
from SQL Server DBAs who have either evaluated or are regularly using the
product.  I have recently evaluated the product and I am willing to share my
opinions as well.

Please post replies to this newsgroup or e-mail me by removing the words
'NOSPAM' from my e-mail address.

thanks!

2. Problems with Paradox4-Applications under WinNT4

3. Platinum Software/Sequel to Platinum, comments please

4. SQL 6.5 Transection log Questions

5. MS SQL & Platinum SQL

6. Openrowset with Excel 8.0 file

7. Platinum SQL 4.2 under SQL 6.5 with SP5????

8. Which is faster, transfer data or copy objects?

9. Platinum SQL 4.2 under SQL 6.5 with SP5??????

10. How to trace (or spy) on one table in a SQL 7 server

11. XML Spy 4.3 Suite available - Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SQLXML Support

12. SQL-Spy