Is ther a way to notify VB5 when data is put into table on MS SQL 6.5?

Is ther a way to notify VB5 when data is put into table on MS SQL 6.5?

Post by Daryl Creed » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Is there a way for MS SQL to notify VB5 when data is present in a table?
I am designing a system with 9 databases and seperate VB programs to
process the information and pass it onto the next database, and the only
way I have found is to use an Active X control and design a counter on
each VB process.
I would like to have the SQl servers notify on data entry.

any help would be great.
Daryl Creedy

Is ther a way to notify VB5 when data is put into table on MS SQL 6.5?

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Daryl,

 Only way to do this is to write a trigger that then calls an XP.  You
can code the XP to do anything you want.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd

1. Is ther a way to notify VB5 when data is put into table on MS SQL 6.5?

Is there a way for MS SQL to notify VB5 when data is present in a table?
I am designing a system with 9 databases and seperate VB programs to
process the information and pass it onto the next database, and the only
way I have found is to use an Active X control and design a counter on
each VB process.
I would like to have the SQl servers notify on data entry.

any help would be great.
Daryl Creedy

2. dynamic field names in a function.

3. I am getting this message when i am tring to export or import anything using

4. Querying the date in enumfilelist

5. Use of @am, Am I dumb?

6. Help needed on Win32S error

7. error ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M. required

8. Can this be done in one query?

9. Busy Day = Slowdown from 12 AM - 5 AM

10. Notifying dropped connections to MS SQL 6.5

11. Oracle8 for SCO : Does it use shared libs - am going to put on Linux

12. Ways to automate copying data into SQL Server 6.5

13. Oracle 8i lite, I can't enter data into a table, ( newbie I am )