Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

Post by Manoj Pand » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:26:38

We are facing a critical issue with merge replication with
pull subscription, the records are getting deleted after
synchronization.  We noticed this happening only after
applying SQL Server Service Pack 3.  We need your help on
this as soon as possible.

Thanks
Manoj

Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

Post by Dean Kalanquin [MS » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:51:44

Hi Manoj - Were there any conflicts reported after the agent was run? You
can right click the publication in SQL Enterprise Manager' and choose 'View
Conflicts'. This may help isolate the problem.
Dean

Quote:> We are facing a critical issue with merge replication with
> synchronization.  We noticed this happening only after
> applying SQL Server Service Pack 3.  We need your help on
> this as soon as possible.

> Thanks
> Manoj

Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

Post by Manoj Pand » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:52:25

Thanks for ur reply...
There is conflict. But why this conflict would occur,i
just inserted one new record in Publisher. i am not doing
any updation on that table..There is no Idientity Key and
no trigger, no foregin key.
But i noticed one if there is any rule associated to that
column if i dont enter any value then when i do
syncronization it showed as conflict..then if i do
syncronization again then its getting deleted.
If i enter some value in that column (where rule is
associated) then it does not delete..
why this odd behavior ?? It was wokring before on SP2..

Please suggest me...

Thanks
Manoj

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Manoj - Were there any conflicts reported after the
agent was run? You
>can right click the publication in SQL Enterprise

Manager' and choose 'View
>Conflicts'. This may help isolate the problem.
>Dean

>--
confers no rights

>> We are facing a critical issue with merge replication
with
>> synchronization.  We noticed this happening only after
>> applying SQL Server Service Pack 3.  We need your help
on
>> this as soon as possible.

>> Thanks
>> Manoj

>.

Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

Post by Dean Kalanquin [MS » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:22:33

Hi Manoj - Take a look at the explanatory text of the conflict, it will
probably show you a constraint violation or some similar cause. This is
needed in order to comment further. The fact that it worked with SP2 and has
conflicts in SP3 may indicate a product issue, but we need to analyze the
type of conflict, the implementation of merge, and the table definition
before we can come to any conclusion.

Can you post more details?
Thanks, Dean

> Thanks for ur reply...
> There is conflict. But why this conflict would occur,i
> just inserted one new record in Publisher. i am not doing
> any updation on that table..There is no Idientity Key and
> no trigger, no foregin key.
> But i noticed one if there is any rule associated to that
> column if i dont enter any value then when i do
> syncronization it showed as conflict..then if i do
> syncronization again then its getting deleted.
> If i enter some value in that column (where rule is
> associated) then it does not delete..
> why this odd behavior ?? It was wokring before on SP2..

> Please suggest me...

> Thanks
> Manoj

Post by Mano » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:33:57

Hi Dean,

I created small test db in INDIA-PUB server. Three
scenarios I tried.

I-Scenario

UDT was created and One rule bound to it possible values
(1,2) no default bound ---This fails on synchronizations

II-Scenario

Another UDT was created and a new rule was bound to it
possible values(NULL,1,2) and no default bound-- This
Succeeds on Sync

III-Scenario

A Third UDT was created and a new rule was bound to it
possible values (1,2) here a default was bound-- This also
succeeds on Sync

I think there is a behavior change between SP 2 and SP3

could you please confirm this..

Thanks
Manoj

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Manoj - Take a look at the explanatory text of the
conflict, it will
>probably show you a constraint violation or some similar
cause. This is
>needed in order to comment further. The fact that it

worked with SP2 and has
>conflicts in SP3 may indicate a product issue, but we
need to analyze the
>type of conflict, the implementation of merge, and the
table definition
>before we can come to any conclusion.

>Can you post more details?
>Thanks, Dean

>--
confers no rights

>> Thanks for ur reply...
>> There is conflict. But why this conflict would occur,i
>> just inserted one new record in Publisher. i am not
doing
>> any updation on that table..There is no Idientity Key
and
>> no trigger, no foregin key.
>> But i noticed one if there is any rule associated to
that
>> column if i dont enter any value then when i do
>> syncronization it showed as conflict..then if i do
>> syncronization again then its getting deleted.
>> If i enter some value in that column (where rule is
>> associated) then it does not delete..
>> why this odd behavior ?? It was wokring before on SP2..

>> Please suggest me...

>> Thanks
>> Manoj

and
>> confers no rights

>> with
after
after
help
>> on

>> >.

>.

1. Merge replication deleting records on subscriber after sync

I am running a SQL 2000 app with a pull subscription to SQL CE. Everything
is okay but my concern is that I am going to run out of memory space on the
device. What I would like to do is to delete the records on the device after
the user syncs. What I was thinking of doing was to write a trigger that
inserts a record on the publication to a second master table and then delete
the record

Any Ideas

Paul

2. Cold Fusion

3. Merge Replication Deleting Records

4. US-IL-APPLICATIONS DBA

5. Merge Replication deleting records intermittently

6. Converting SQL Server 2000 Database to SQL Server 7?

7. URGET !!Merge Replication deleting records

8. libgist woes

9. Conflicts in merge replication, records deleted

10. Merge Replication deleting records

11. Merge replication deletes new records on device

12. Tracking changes during Synchronization on device (Merge Replication)

13. How to enforce order of article synchronization in merge replication