Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by M O J » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:37:32

Hi,

I need to copy a SQL 7 database to an Access database - Including indexes,
Identity and so on.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

M O J O

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by Steve Thompso » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:14:51

As long as the database export does not exceed the maximum size of MS Access
2000 and later (2 GB), then yes you can.

Check out the SQL Server DTS (data transformation services) utility.

Steve

Quote:> I need to copy a SQL 7 database to an Access database - Including indexes,
> Identity and so on.

> Is it possible?

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:21:11

Not sure how much gets transferred but you can try the DTS wizard.

--
Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
TargitInteractive

Please join me at PASS North America in Denver - the first and only user
conference dedicated to SQL Server.
http://www.sqlpass.org/events/denverjan/index.cfm

Quote:> Hi,

> I need to copy a SQL 7 database to an Access database - Including indexes,
> Identity and so on.

> Is it possible?

> Thanks!

> M O J O

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by M O J » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:33:54

Hi Andrew,

I've tried the DTS wizard, but this only copies data and doesn't create

M O J O

> Not sure how much gets transferred but you can try the DTS wizard.

> --
> Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
> TargitInteractive

> Please join me at PASS North America in Denver - the first and only user
> conference dedicated to SQL Server.
> http://www.sqlpass.org/events/denverjan/index.cfm

> > Hi,

> > I need to copy a SQL 7 database to an Access database - Including
> > Identity and so on.

> > Is it possible?

> > Thanks!

> > M O J O

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 06:01:53

Sorry, don't know enough about access to be of more help.  I am surprised to
find DTS couldn't do that with access.

--
Andrew J. Kelly,   SQL Server MVP

> Hi Andrew,

> I've tried the DTS wizard, but this only copies data and doesn't create

> M O J O

> > Not sure how much gets transferred but you can try the DTS wizard.

> > --
> > Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
> > TargitInteractive

> > Please join me at PASS North America in Denver - the first and only user
> > conference dedicated to SQL Server.
> > http://www.sqlpass.org/events/denverjan/index.cfm

> > > Hi,

> > > I need to copy a SQL 7 database to an Access database - Including
> > > Identity and so on.

> > > Is it possible?

> > > Thanks!

> > > M O J O

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by BP Margoli » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:02:29

Andrew,

FYI

DTS can only copy table schemas and data when the destination is not SQL
Server. All other database objects ... indexes, stored procedures, triggers,
etc. ... can not be copied when the destination is other than SQL Server.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

> Sorry, don't know enough about access to be of more help.  I am surprised
> find DTS couldn't do that with access.

> --
> Andrew J. Kelly,   SQL Server MVP

> > Hi Andrew,

> > I've tried the DTS wizard, but this only copies data and doesn't create

> > M O J O

> > > Not sure how much gets transferred but you can try the DTS wizard.

> > > --
> > > Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
> > > TargitInteractive

> > > Please join me at PASS North America in Denver - the first and only
user
> > > conference dedicated to SQL Server.
> > > http://www.sqlpass.org/events/denverjan/index.cfm

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:44:27

BP,

Thanks, I realize that for most things but thought with the history between
Jet and SQL Server they may have had the ability to do a "Best Case"
scenario on the indexes.

--
Andrew J. Kelly,   SQL Server MVP

> Andrew,

> FYI

> DTS can only copy table schemas and data when the destination is not SQL
> Server. All other database objects ... indexes, stored procedures,
triggers,
> etc. ... can not be copied when the destination is other than SQL Server.

> BP Margolin
> Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which
> can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > Sorry, don't know enough about access to be of more help.  I am
surprised
> > find DTS couldn't do that with access.

> > --
> > Andrew J. Kelly,   SQL Server MVP

> > > Hi Andrew,

> > > I've tried the DTS wizard, but this only copies data and doesn't
create

> > > M O J O

> user

Copy a MSSQL database to MSAccess?

Post by M O J » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:04:25

Well I wondered if somebody had made a program to transform the SQL database
to scripts (with indexes) to create the tables in an Access database ...
including copying data.

M O J O

> BP,

> Thanks, I realize that for most things but thought with the history
between
> Jet and SQL Server they may have had the ability to do a "Best Case"
> scenario on the indexes.

> --
> Andrew J. Kelly,   SQL Server MVP

> > Andrew,

> > FYI

> > DTS can only copy table schemas and data when the destination is not SQL
> > Server. All other database objects ... indexes, stored procedures,
> triggers,
> > etc. ... can not be copied when the destination is other than SQL
Server.

> > BP Margolin
> > Please reply only to the newsgroups.
> > When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.)
which
> > can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

> > > Sorry, don't know enough about access to be of more help.  I am
> surprised
> > > find DTS couldn't do that with access.

> > > --
> > > Andrew J. Kelly,   SQL Server MVP

> create

> > user

Including

1. Importing MSAccess database to MSSQL Server

Please pardon me if the question sounded stupid.

I've downloaded and installed the UPSIZING utility from MS website
(WZCS97.EXE), but I have a BIG problem : I don't know how to do use it
to import tables from Access to SQL Server?  Anyone can shed some lights
on the steps to do it?

Pls help... thanks.

Eddie

2. WG Server & SCO crashing

3. copy tabel from X400 to msaccess database

4. How to Lock a column?

5. compare mssql 6.5 database and mssql 7.0 database

6. Excel file property

7. HELP : ODBC32 for MSACCESS and MSSQL.

8. mvbase printer driver problems

9. MSSQL 7.0 and MSAccess 97

10. Question about msAccess+msSQL Server

11. Failed SQL7 to SQL2000 database copy using copy database wizard

12. copying tables and its data from MSAccess to SQL dbase in Visualstudio.net

13. is it possible to copy msSql/data/aDev.dat to another machine at clients site