Unknown token received, Protocol error in TDS stream, TDS buffer length too large

Unknown token received, Protocol error in TDS stream, TDS buffer length too large

Post by Bryant Like » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 06:45:23

Quote:> Hi,

> I am using MS SQL Server 2000.

> Below is what I get when I make a query from Query Analyzer. I get first
few
> records back ok, but the rest of them I can't.
> Everything becomes very slow.

I would try the sqlserver.server group. You will probably get an answer to
your question there...

--
Bryant

1. Unknown token received, Protocol error in TDS stream, TDS buffer length too large

Well this group is *jdbc* not odbc... If you can try using the free MS jdbc driver,
it would be a valueable datum. Fundamentally it means that the odbc driver doesn't
understand what the DBMS is saying. The DBMS has sent an information packet
(all comunication between client and DBMS are packets of known format, identified
by a packet identifier). Somehow the odbc driver has received something it doesn't
even know what it is. How reproducible is this problem? If you can do it reliably,
it's most likely an MS software problem in the odbc driver.
Joe Weinstein at BEA

2. Pass in Table and column names

3. Memory configuration on HP, Informix 7.31

4. script help needed

5. whats the meaning ofthis error received during replication: Protocol error in TDS stream

6. Informix World Wide User Conference

7. "TDS buffer length too large" Error

8. TDS buffer length too large --- ERROR

9. runtime error 40002:TDS buffer length too large

10. TDS Buffer Length too Large Error

11. TDS buffer length too large (SQL Error)