SETUSER Causes Disconnect

Post by Grant Fritche » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have four servers, two on our local network and two on two distinct
external networks. All are 7.0. The local ones have SP1 applied.

When I run the SETUSER command while connected to either of the local
machines, everything works fine. When I run it connected to either of the
external servers, an immediate disconnect occurs and a stack dump is
registered in the error logs.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Grant

-----------------------------------
Grant Fritchey
Database Administrator
DASH.COM

978-929-9777 x807

1. Disconnect caused by SetUser

I have four 7.0 servers, two internal, two external to my network. On the
two internal servers, if I log in as SA, not a trusted connection, and send
a setuser command, everything works. On the external servers, logged in as
SA, the same setuser command causes and immediate disconnect from the server
with the error: "SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 7 generated fatal
exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating
this process."

Does horrible things to the log too. I can reconnect and everything works as
normal, just not this command. Does anyone have a guess what this might be?

Thanks,

Grant

2. Non SA run DBCC

3. What might cause disconnects to SQL 7???

4. INSTALL INFX on SUN SOLARIS

5. Value of disconnected rs field changing w/o cause

6. INFORMIX Systems

7. disconnecting a recordset causes Unidentified Error (sometimes)

8. Using a Passed Parameter as a Table Name?

9. Disconnect to SQL server causing problems

10. ADO disconnected rs NOT disconnected

11. Remote access not allowed for Windows NT user activated by SETUSER

12. SetUser - With NoReset