SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

Post by hand » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi!
We've had an application that has been running fine.  The NT Server is at
SP4.

NT Workstation    SQL Server
SP4                        SP4 ------------------- OK
SP4                        SP5a ----------------- FAIL
SP5                        SP5a ----------------- FAIL
SP6                        SP5a ----------------- OK

For a simple query with a where clause using MFC Recordset (MFC 6.0), Open
fails.  More specifically SQLExecute() fails with error code 37000.  "Syntax
error or Access Violation".  The extened text help is all blank.  Can
anybody throw any light on this situation?
Thanks
Aman

SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Handa - look at the version of sqlsrv32.dll on these workstations.  When you say SQL
Server version are you talking client or server?  Have you applied the SP to the
clients?  Have you applied MDAC to the clients?

Quote:> We've had an application that has been running fine.  The NT Server is at
> SP4.

> NT Workstation    SQL Server
> SP4                        SP4 ------------------- OK
> SP4                        SP5a ----------------- FAIL
> SP5                        SP5a ----------------- FAIL
> SP6                        SP5a ----------------- OK

> For a simple query with a where clause using MFC Recordset (MFC 6.0), Open
> fails.  More specifically SQLExecute() fails with error code 37000.  "Syntax
> error or Access Violation".  The extened text help is all blank.  Can
> anybody throw any light on this situation?
> Thanks
> Aman

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (391 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

Post by Dave Aless » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am getting this error.  I am running NT4 w/service pack 4.  My driver is
3.70.0623.  Is this current?

>Handa - look at the version of sqlsrv32.dll on these workstations.  When
you say SQL
>Server version are you talking client or server?  Have you applied the SP
to the
>clients?  Have you applied MDAC to the clients?

>> We've had an application that has been running fine.  The NT Server is at
>> SP4.

>> NT Workstation    SQL Server
>> SP4                        SP4 ------------------- OK
>> SP4                        SP5a ----------------- FAIL
>> SP5                        SP5a ----------------- FAIL
>> SP6                        SP5a ----------------- OK

>> For a simple query with a where clause using MFC Recordset (MFC 6.0),
Open
>> fails.  More specifically SQLExecute() fails with error code 37000.
"Syntax
>> error or Access Violation".  The extened text help is all blank.  Can
>> anybody throw any light on this situation?
>> Thanks
>> Aman

> Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
> (Please reply only to newsgroups)
> SQL FAQ (391 entries) see

> or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
> or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Dave - relatively recent, but 3.70.0690 ships with SQL 7.0 SP1 and MDAC 2.1 SP2

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (412 entries) see

http://forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Which order: NT SP4, MDAC 2.1, SQL 6.5 SP5

We try to update our servers (NT4 and Y2K)
As far as we understood we have to install
- NT4 SP4
- MDAC (2.0 comes with NT4 SP4, 2.1 comes with SQL SP5)
- SQL 6.5 SP5
Which is the right order:
NT4 SP4, MDAC 2.1, SQL 6.5 SP5 or any other.

Further problem:
The file sqlsrv32.dll shipped with NT4SP4 is newer than the one
shipped with SQL 6.5 SP5.
Any comments?

Thanks, regards,
Bernhard

2. AD: SB+ 2nd Edition Update Available

3. Network problem with SQL 6.5 SP5 and NT Server 4.0 SP4

4. how to change a column's data type

5. Heuristics for SQL Server 6.0 on NT/Server versus NT/Workstation

6. lock waiting

7. MDAC 2.1, NT SP 4

8. Problem About Export SQL Server Data to Excel

9. SQL Server 7 Install On NT 4 Workstation SP4

10. PO7/NT Workstation vs ORACLE SERVER on NT SERVER

11. New MDAC 2.1 and SQL 6.5 sp5

12. Order of Install, NT4 SP5, IE 5, SQL 7, MDAC 2.1

13. NT Server 4.0 SP5 / Btrieve 6.15 NT