can i create an audit trail for an external database using SQL Server

can i create an audit trail for an external database using SQL Server

Post by Brando » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 05:16:50

I have a propietary database that uses dBase IV data
files. The program does not create an audit trail for
adds, updates, or deletes. I want to find a way to do this
using SQL Server 7. Is it possible to create triggers on
an external database? If so how is it done? Or could this
be accomplished somehow using linked servers? Or maybe
using replication? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

1. Can i create an audit trail on an external database using SQL Server

I have a propietary database that uses dBase IV data
files. The program does not create an audit trail for
adds, updates, or deletes. I want to find a way to do this
using SQL Server 7. Is it possible to create triggers on
an external database? If so how is it done? Or could this
be accomplished somehow using linked servers? Or maybe
using replication? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

2. Comments on column

3. Using SQL Server 7 to create an audit trail for external database

4. disconnected recordset and data environment

5. Creating Audit Trail using triggers with 100 tables.

6. viewing the results of a procedure

7. Audit-trails, audit-server

8. Currency Using Mask Edit Control

9. Help - Need to Create a SQL Audit Trail

10. Audit Trails in SQL Server?

11. Audit Trail in SQL Server 2000

12. SQL Server Audit Trail Capability (FDA 21CFRP11)