Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup

Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup

Post by hWinMai » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:59:36

Information File

I'm trying to replicate SQL Server 2000 database with Access 2000
database. The database is

protected by a workgroup information file.

I consulted the help file and did the following.

I created a new subscriber using the type "Microsoft Jet 4.0 database
(Microsoft Access)"

but this type does not allow me to choose the workgroup information
file(mdw) file for the

database. Because of this, SQL Server could not open the database as it
is protected.

I then tried creating subscriber with "ODBC data source" type. I
successfully added a system

DSN to the database with the correct workgroup information file(mdw) but
it could not be

seen in the Push Subscription Wizard.

I also tried creating subscriber using "OLE DB Data source" type. I
choosed "Microsoft Jet

4.0 OLE DB Provider" for the Provider name field. I enter the path for
the database in the

Data source field. And entered the Provider string which looks something
like this,

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Records.mdb;Jet
OLEDB:System

database=C:\Records.mdw". After clicking OK, nothing happened. Then I
checked around, I

found out that this subscriber is added into the "Microsoft Jet 4.0
database (Microsoft

Access)" type. Anyway, it still doesn't work. Now, I have another
problem, how to delete it
from the list.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

1. Problem Replicating SQL Server 2000 Database With Access 2000 Database With Workgroup Information File

I'm trying to replicate SQL Server 2000 database with Access 2000
database. The database is protected by a workgroup information file.

I consulted the help file and did the following.

I created a new subscriber using the type "Microsoft Jet 4.0 database
(Microsoft Access)" but this type does not allow me to choose the
workgroup information file(mdw) file for the database. Because of this,
SQL Server could not open the database as it is protected.

I then tried creating subscriber with "ODBC data source" type. I
successfully added a system DSN to the database with the correct
workgroup information file(mdw) but it could not be seen in the Push
Subscription Wizard.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

2. Problem to create xml file in ADO /ASP

3. Restore database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2000 (beta 2 version)

4. Database VB on the net

5. Problem with dllhost when Replicating CE SQL Server with SQL Server 2000

6. Trigger problems

7. Anyone know why PostgreSQL doesn't support 2 phase execution?

8. bookmark against replicated SQL Server 2000 database

9. Connection problem: Access 2000 Win95/98 Client to Win98 SQL Server 7.0 database

10. copying sql server 7 database to sql server 2000 w/ no remote access

11. Is there any way to convert sql server 2000 database to sql server 7.0 database

12. Upgrading SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2000 - Meta Data Repository Database Version Problem