Urgent - Deadlocks

Post by geetamadur.. » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

NT4.0\SQL 7.0 sp1

I have a job that does maintenance of a database.Sometimes it fails
giving error that it is a victim of deadlock n that 7 users r using the
database.

If i change the time of the job will it help?

Pl help
Thanks in advance
geeta

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Urgent - Deadlocks

Post by Graham Sha » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>If i change the time of the job will it help?

Yes

try doing things like this when the system is quiet
--
Graham Shaw MCP MCP+I MCSE

>NT4.0\SQL 7.0 sp1

>I have a job that does maintenance of a database.Sometimes it fails
>giving error that it is a victim of deadlock n that 7 users r using the
>database.

>If i change the time of the job will it help?

>Pl help
>Thanks in advance
>geeta

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Urgent problem involving the deadlock

Hi all:
   My hospital has a MIS system (c/s)using the
sqlserver2000 as the database system.
   The system has in utilization for more than a year and
recently the workstations often got the odbc collectoin
failed,when the report to the system administrator,the
administator at the server side even can not login to the
sqlserver using the enterprise manager!at this time,cpu
usage:30-50%,memory:30%
  after beboot the lh3000 server and opened the enterprise
manager mmc,we found that there are several spid that were
blocked by other processes.after we kill those prosess,the
system can function well BUT,the blocks come so often that
in no more than 2 miniutes they will come.some can be
handled automaticly and if the system can not handle them
in time,the error will occor again.

  can  any ppl give me any advises? why will this problem
occor since the system once operates very well and never
encontered this problem

  regards
  Dacheng

2. Long name Btrieve file

3. Urgent - debugging deadlocks

4. SQL DMO - Bcp

5. Deadlock situtation (deadlock victim) - help needed!!

6. Obtaining the count of records using ADO 2.5 and a stored procedure

7. Deadlocked by Deadlocks

8. Networked tables

9. --- URGENT ---- URGENT --- URGENT ---

10. GPF when filling up browse, URGENT URGENT URGENT

11. Problem Using DDE : URGENT URGENT URGENT

12. error with vbajet32.dll - Urgent Urgent Urgent !

13. ID BACK urgent urgent.