DTS Help is required

Post by surendra » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:56:10

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 11:54 PM
Subject: DTS fails using Transactions

Quote:> Hai

   I have to transfer the data from SQL Server 7.0 to Text
format using
VB 6.0 programatically. I need your help because I can't
be able to complete
the task1 job. The DTS Example which is given in the SQL
Help will work only
From SQL to SQL but I can't be able to complete my
first task. Basically I am unaware of the DSN settings for
the destination
file. So please help me in the strange situation. If you
possible send the
code for transfering the SQL data into Text in VB Programs
and how to
set the ODBC settings in the control panel.

Thanking You

Bye..>

Quote:> Any ideas?

> Thanks

DTS Help is required

Post by Darren Gree » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 05:08:50

> [...]

Forget about VB for now, start by building a sample package using the
Wizard and or designer and get this working.

Then you can use ScriptPkg to get the VB code-
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/4/54.asp

Text file connections do not use DSNs.

--
Darren Green
http://www.sqldts.com

1. error ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M. required

Our VB 6 program access Oracle database using MS ODBC for Oracle. The
program is trying to run the following SQL stt:
select DATANOTES_NOTES from DATANOTES where EEI_KEY = 654 and DATANOTES_DATE
= TO_DATE('04/11/2002 11:10:45 AM','MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS AM')

The Time Format and Date Format setting in Control Panel - Regional Setting
are the following:
Time Format: HH:mm:ss
Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy
For example: 11/04/2002 14:10:10 for April 11, 2002 2:10:10 PM

On a machine that uses MS Odbc for Oracle version 2.573.6019.00 I got an
error
[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M.
required.
I do not get this error on a machine that uses MS Odbc for Oracle version
2.573.5303.00 or MS Odbc for Oracle version 2.573.7713.00.

Is this a problem with MS Odbc for Oracle version 2.573.6019.00?

Thank you.

2. Transaction processing

3. help required with active x in DTS

4. HELP: How to send mail from SQLAgent ???

5. DTS help required

6. Oracle Express vs. Oracle7

7. Urgent help required Recover DTS from mdf file

8. MARCO-HELP

9. Help required with sp_OAMethod required

10. Is this Possible Using DTS?Could you say the details.I am new

11. DTS process needs to be able to run while I am not logged into ODBC Datasource

12. DTS causes 24hour clock time to change to am/pm and loses or gains 12 hours

13. I am getting this message when i am tring to export or import anything using