linked server to odbc data source turns all queries into select * from table

linked server to odbc data source turns all queries into select * from table

Post by Gordon Lawso » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I have a linked server set up pointing to a custom ODBC data source.
No matter what query I enter, at the lowest ODBC level, SQL server is
sending "select * from table" instead of the correct query.  Has anyone ever
heard of this?  I'm trying to track down if its SQL Server or the ODBC
provider.

Thanks.

--
Gordon Lawson
Senior Software Engineer

1. linking ODBC data source in Sql Server 7

I have configured a system dsn for foxpro 2.6.   I then created a link using
enerprise manager to this dsn.  I used ole db for odbc provider.  When I
click on tables icon, I could see the table.  However, when I am querying
it, I get a message7313 (Invalid schema or catalog specified).  The sql is
'select * from school...attendance'.  Also, when I link the same table in
access 2000 using the same dsn, it works.  Could anyone tell me what I am
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

2. Can't register MSJTOR35.DLL

3. Linked Server with ODBC data source generating an error

4. msaccess linked tables

5. data import source = odbc link destination=sql server 2k with stored procedure

6. Help anybody know what my problem is?

7. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

8. Help:ODBC Data Source Admin doesn't show Names of new Data Sources

9. cannot add MSAccess 97 data source in ODBC Data Source Admin

10. Remote Linked ODBC Data Sources

11. Linking table to othere Data Sources

12. stored procedure as table-source for select query?