Mail profile works but doesn't appear !

Post by Sylvai » Wed, 21 May 2003 17:10:45

Hi all,

I've a four processor w2k sp3 and sql2000 sp3 with multi-instances on it.
I've configured notification for every instance but something strange
happened, every time I want to check or define the mail profile in SQL
Agent, nothing appears. Notification still works but I can't see the profile
that has been set. In the properties of support services everything is OK (I
can read the profile). Last thing I connect to my server using terminal
services client.   If anyone has an idea, it's welcome.

Thanks,
Sylvain

Mail profile works but doesn't appear !

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 22 May 2003 08:57:22

Did you create the mail profiler while logged in as the SQL Server Agent service account?

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

> Hi all,

> I've a four processor w2k sp3 and sql2000 sp3 with multi-instances on it.
> I've configured notification for every instance but something strange
> happened, every time I want to check or define the mail profile in SQL
> Agent, nothing appears. Notification still works but I can't see the profile
> that has been set. In the properties of support services everything is OK (I
> can read the profile). Last thing I connect to my server using terminal
> services client.   If anyone has an idea, it's welcome.

> Thanks,
> Sylvain

Mail profile works but doesn't appear !

Post by sylvain moric » Thu, 22 May 2003 09:39:50

Yes, the mail profile has been created with the same service domain
account on which sqlserver and sqlserveragent are running.

1. sql mail doesn't see profiles

win2k/sql2k

I know i've fought this same battle before but i can't remember how i fixed
it.  sql doesn't see any of my mail profiles...why?  more importantly, what
can i do to fix it?

both sql and sql agent are running under the context of a user called
SQLAdmin, who is in the local administrator group.

when i try to configure sql mail, and type in the name of a profile -
SQLAdmin in this case - then hit test, i get the following error:

Error 18025: xp_test_mapi_profile: failed with mail error 0x80040111

Just my luck that support.microsoft.com can't find anything with that error
(0x80040111)!

Thanks, Andre

2. Insane behaviour of PDOXUSRS.LCK

3. SQL Mail doesn't show the profiles created

4. Passing Date Values

5. SQL Mail doesn't work but SQLAgentMail works on prod server

6. Help creating a trigger

7. Cascading triggers on views doesn't appear to work

8. Pick Systems Selling?

9. Set Datestyle doesn't appear to be working

10. SQL Mail can't find valid mail profile

11. SQL Mail doesn't work after SP2

12. SQL Mail doesn't work...

13. SQL Mail with query parameter doesn't work