Access - SourceSafe problem

Post by Mike Schoenfel » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:49:15

Hi,

I created an Access 2000 database from a SourceSafe project. It contains a
form that is bound to a database table. The Form_Load event contains a line
(x = Me.field1), where field1 is a field in the bound table. When executing
the Form_Load event, the error message displayed is "Method or data member
not found".

This did work in my Access database before I it integrated with SourceSafe.

Can anybody give me any insight to this problem?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike Schoenfeld
4GL School Solutions

Access - SourceSafe problem

Post by Paul Shapir » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:26:44

This isn't much help, but I've seen the same thing. You can change to
Me!field1 instead of Me.field1. The late binding works without problems.
I've also checked the form out, compiled the db, and then checked back in
again to clear the error. But the problem does seem to recur at irregular
intervals. It hasn't been so often that I've been driven to find a real
solution. Some projects never have this happen, with others its more common.
Paul Shapiro

Quote:> Hi,

> I created an Access 2000 database from a SourceSafe project. It contains a
> form that is bound to a database table. The Form_Load event contains a
line
> (x = Me.field1), where field1 is a field in the bound table. When
executing
> the Form_Load event, the error message displayed is "Method or data member
> not found".

> This did work in my Access database before I it integrated with
SourceSafe.

> Can anybody give me any insight to this problem?

Access - SourceSafe problem

Post by Mike Schoenfel » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:33:13

Paul,
Thanks for the reply. Your advice is exactly how I solved the problem.

> This isn't much help, but I've seen the same thing. You can change to
> Me!field1 instead of Me.field1. The late binding works without problems.
> I've also checked the form out, compiled the db, and then checked back in
> again to clear the error. But the problem does seem to recur at irregular
> intervals. It hasn't been so often that I've been driven to find a real
> solution. Some projects never have this happen, with others its more
common.
> Paul Shapiro

> > Hi,

> > I created an Access 2000 database from a SourceSafe project. It contains
> > form that is bound to a database table. The Form_Load event contains a
> line
> > (x = Me.field1), where field1 is a field in the bound table. When
> executing
> > the Form_Load event, the error message displayed is "Method or data
member
> > not found".

> > This did work in my Access database before I it integrated with
> SourceSafe.

> > Can anybody give me any insight to this problem?

1. DrWatson when jdbc access - Access violation (access to address 0x00005)

Hello,

I've try to start standalone application server (resin  from caucho.com )
and try to obtain connection to db2 UDB
Stable situation - I see DrWatson window
===
Application exception occurred:
        App:  (pid=535)

        Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)
===

Similar things I get using WebSphera 3.0.2.4

Any ideas ?
Need I to setup some additional paths for CLI access ?
(Path to SQLLIB exists in PATH environment variable)

NB: I redefine system propertie - java.protocol.handler.pkgs

    System.getProperties().put("java.protocol.handler.pkgs", "HTTPClient");

==== version/values ===

used   COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

OS WinNT 4 sp6a

(db2level :
DB21085I  Instance "DB2" uses DB2 code release "SQL07010" with level
identifier
"02030105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.28", "n010216" and
"WR21242".
)

jdbc 2.0

java full version "JDK 1.1.8 IBM build n118p-20001117 (JIT enabled: ibmjitc
V3.5 -IBMJDK1.1-20001117)"

======

--
Regards,
 Vladimir V. Zyrianov

2. Procedures with FETCH using ADO/OLEDB connection

3. Pasar consultas a proyectos access / Convert access queries to access projects

4. field description text

5. SQL data access by Access 97 and Access 2000

6. JDBC, ODBC and Access 97

7. Known issues with Access projects (Access 2k as a front end to SQL Server 7)

8. Row Level Triggers

9. JDBC Beta Program for multi database data access ( CONNX Access all your enterprise data using JDBC)

10. Accessing an old MS Access v2.0 table

11. Access denied to Access database via intranet

12. Access 2000 to Access 2002

13. access 2000 web access wizard