Scheduling DTS Packages via DTS, SQLDMO COM Object

Scheduling DTS Packages via DTS, SQLDMO COM Object

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 06:30:57

In my book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1590590406/qid=10415428...

I give an interface for this very thing.  Yes it can be a bit tricky as you
need to use bitmasks and values mean different things when you tie them
together.

BTW.  Please do not post large attcahments to the NG as people using Dialup
(Me) have a hard time downloading them all.

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

Quote:> I am writing an application that allows users to pick a "template" DTS

----

Post by Chris Landres » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:11:27

> In my book

> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1590590406/qid=10415428...

> I give an interface for this very thing.  Yes it can be a bit tricky as you
> need to use bitmasks and values mean different things when you tie them
> together.

> BTW.  Please do not post large attcahments to the NG as people using Dialup
> (Me) have a hard time downloading them all.

Thanks for your response,
   I appreciate the help but find it a bit inappropriate to suggest a
book for a simple answer. I did figure out how to use the SQL-NS objects
to reproduce the controls within SQL server and now have flexibility far
beyond what I had initially hoped for. I apologize that my large
attachment slowed the process of you plugging your book. Next time I
will be more considerate.

Scheduling DTS Packages via DTS, SQLDMO COM Object

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 23:10:05

I am sorry if you thought I was plugging the book.  The interface is a
little tricky and to have explained it adequately in a post would have been
very lengthy

You can download my code from here

http://www.apress.com/book/supplementDownload.html?bID=118&sID=764

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
www.SQLDTS.com
I support PASS - the definitive, global community

> > In my book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1590590406/qid=10415428...
Quote:

> > I give an interface for this very thing.  Yes it can be a bit tricky as
you
> > need to use bitmasks and values mean different things when you tie them
> > together.

> > BTW.  Please do not post large attcahments to the NG as people using
Dialup
> > (Me) have a hard time downloading them all.

> Thanks for your response,
>    I appreciate the help but find it a bit inappropriate to suggest a
> book for a simple answer. I did figure out how to use the SQL-NS objects
> to reproduce the controls within SQL server and now have flexibility far
> beyond what I had initially hoped for. I apologize that my large
> attachment slowed the process of you plugging your book. Next time I
> will be more considerate.

Scheduling DTS Packages via DTS, SQLDMO COM Object

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 01:47:59

See http://sqldev.net/sqlagent/SQLJobMan.htm

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

> > In my book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1590590406/qid=10415428...
-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-9093730-3781659?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Quote:

> > I give an interface for this very thing.  Yes it can be a bit tricky as
you
> > need to use bitmasks and values mean different things when you tie them
> > together.

> > BTW.  Please do not post large attcahments to the NG as people using
Dialup
> > (Me) have a hard time downloading them all.

> Thanks for your response,
>    I appreciate the help but find it a bit inappropriate to suggest a
> book for a simple answer. I did figure out how to use the SQL-NS objects
> to reproduce the controls within SQL server and now have flexibility far
> beyond what I had initially hoped for. I apologize that my large
> attachment slowed the process of you plugging your book. Next time I
> will be more considerate.

1. Scheduling DTS Packages via DTS, SQLDMO COM Object

Chris, have you explored SQL-NS object model? You might be able to use it
for displaying the job properties dialog box. See Books Online/MSDN for more
info and samples.

--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

[...]

2. Information on Join Processing...

3. Please Help - DTS Package NOT Running Via job Schedule in SQL 7.0 SP1

4. Determining security rights through ADO

5. Problem executing a DTS Package via a Scheduled Job

6. how to Grant the Act as part of the operating system privilege in windows 2000

7. DTS Package won't schedule / Help with DTS

8. MDX : Query using dimension.name

9. Start a DTS via DTSrun for an other DTS-Package

10. Run a DTS package from another DTS package

11. DTS package not executing an inside DTS package

12. Calling DTS package from DTS package