View Creation Using Access Data Project

Post by Scott Gregor » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:17:10

HELP!!!  I have assigned permissions in my SQL Server by
windows integrated groups.  When I try to save a new view
in the Access Data Project it gives me this error...ADO
Error Line 1:  Invalid syntax near "/" .  If I assign
individual permissions to the user this error goes away.
Any ideas or fixes that you know of would be great!

View Creation Using Access Data Project

Post by Mary Chipma » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:15:52

Access honors the permissions you set in SQL Server, so if the user
who is creating the new view doesn't have permissions to create views,
or is not a member of a role that does, then there's a problem. I'm
not sure what the invalid syntax error means without more information.
I'd recommend that you stick a Profiler trace on the thing and see
what turns up.

-- Mary
Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:17:10 -0800, "Scott Gregory"