OLAP Cube Shipping

Post by Stu » Tue, 15 May 2001 15:21:30

Running SQL Server 7 & OLAP Services both SP3.

Using two servers, each with a copy of the datamart, both in synch. I would like
to process the OLAP cubes on one server (Staging) and copy individual cubes to
the other (Prod).

OLAP DTS addin, does the archive/restore thing, but want to be able to do it on
individual cubes within an OLAP DB, so that cubes can be promoted to Prod as they
are completed on Staging.

Can this be done using OLAP Services? If not, any 3rd party tools?

Cheers.

OLAP Cube Shipping

Post by Stu » Tue, 15 May 2001 15:23:50

Running SQL Server 7 & OLAP Services both SP3.

Using two servers, each with a copy of the datamart, both in synch. I would like
to process the OLAP cubes on one server (Staging) and copy individual cubes to
the other (Prod).

OLAP DTS addin, does the archive/restore thing, but want to be able to do it on
individual cubes within an OLAP DB, so that cubes can be promoted to Prod as they
are completed on Staging.

Can this be done using OLAP Services? If not, any 3rd party tools?

Cheers.

OLAP Cube Shipping

Post by Cheek » Thu, 17 May 2001 10:37:22

No takers on this one?

Not allowed to point out short-comings and ask for 3rd party solutions on a
Microsoft newsgroup?

Quote:-----Original Message-----

Running SQL Server 7 & OLAP Services both SP3.

Using two servers, each with a copy of the datamart, both in synch. I would like
to process the OLAP cubes on one server (Staging) and copy individual cubes to
the other (Prod).

OLAP DTS addin, does the archive/restore thing, but want to be able to do it on
individual cubes within an OLAP DB, so that cubes can be promoted to Prod as they
are completed on Staging.

Can this be done using OLAP Services? If not, any 3rd party tools?

Cheers.
.

1. OLAP@Work Ships new object model for Microsoft OLAP

which includes the most comprehensive object model/developers kit ever
created for Microsoft OLAP. Forget about trying to master MDX, ADO MD and
OLE DB for OLAP and just focus on building great OLAP-enabled applications.

www.olapatwork.com

They also have several awesome Lotus ScreenCam demo movies that show you

--------
Lesley Dort
High Road Communications
www.highrd.com
work tel (613) 236-0909 (tues only)

2. Using FoxPro as "multimedia" tool

3. Cubes to Web (Web-interface to OLAP Cubes)

4. SELECT Statement

5. Create Local Cube From OLAP Cube

6. VFP Class design HELP!

7. Virtual OLAP Cubes vs. Source MOLAP Cubes

8. Calling a Stored Procedure in a SELECT statement

9. Seagate Info cubes / MS Olap cubes

10. With OLAP..Can process foodmart cubes but not my cubes

11. Cube not listed in Excel PivotTable OLAP Cube list

12. Convert CUBE from OLAP SQL Server - Local Cube

13. Help: Error saving OLAP cube with OLAP Manager