Sql Profiler Sql Server 2000

Post by Doug » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:28:00

Hi,

        How is it possible to allow non SysAdmn roles access to Sql Profiler. The
gui pops up an error that says the user must be a member of SysAdmin role.
Why? We'ed like to give developers the ability to do traces in the
development environment, but dont want them in this role. The documentation
implies that if you give them permissions on the stored procedures that
profiler uses,  they should be able to run it.Anybody run into this?

TIA

Doug

Sql Profiler Sql Server 2000

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:16:29

You can't.
-GertD

Quote:> Hi,

> How is it possible to allow non SysAdmn roles access to Sql Profiler. The
> gui pops up an error that says the user must be a member of SysAdmin role.
> Why? We'ed like to give developers the ability to do traces in the
> development environment, but dont want them in this role. The
documentation
> implies that if you give them permissions on the stored procedures that
> profiler uses,  they should be able to run it.Anybody run into this?

> TIA

> Doug

1. SQL Server 2000 and SQL Profiler

I'm trying to capture the connect and disconnect events under SQL Profiler
for some connection pooling test. However, under the Session group I only
have access to the event ExistingConnection. I'm running on XP Professional.
I have seen documentation mention the two events I want to monitor. What am
I missing?

2. concat ID and Descr ??

3. SQL 2000 Profiler needs sysadmin server role?

4. Paradox and System Performance

5. Unable to run Profiler definitions in SQL Server 2000

6. Memory leak with resync ?

7. SQL Server 2000 SP2 Profiler TextData column message

8. MS OLAP cubes: many-to-many, COUNT DISTINCT, etc.

9. Help with Scripting SQL Server 2000 Profiler please?

10. SQL Server 2000 Profiler shows ADO Execution time is greater than Query Analyzer

11. About Profiler in SQL Server 2000...

12. Profiler Problem with SQL Server 2000 (PrepareSQL - 71)