merge replication & slow connections

Post by CTY » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:21:18

I want to setup merge replication on a network with slow WAN
connections(modems).  It is a large database and was wondering if there are
any methods for doing this with say a external HDD, zip or whatever?

thanks...
--

CTY

Post by Michael Bredbu » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:30:53

> I want to setup merge replication on a network with slow WAN
> connections(modems).  It is a large database and was wondering if there are
> any methods for doing this with say a external HDD, zip or whatever?

> thanks...

If you mean you want the initial snapshot to be distributed via an
external HDD or ZIP disc then you could do this using these methods,
or via CD. There are some messages on this group already about
creating the Snapshot via CD.

Cheers

Michael Bredbury

merge replication & slow connections

Post by Michael Hote » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:32:35

Take a backup of any existing subscriber.  Transfer it to new subscriber.
Create a subscription with a nosynch option.  You are up and running.  You
can also use attach and go subscriptions.

--

Mike
SQL Server MVP