can't find temp db on start up.(sql server wont start)

can't find temp db on start up.(sql server wont start)

Post by stephen war » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

since I can't start sql server,  how can I recover tempdb.
the tempdb seems to have become corrupted , so now sql server won't start.

can't find temp db on start up.(sql server wont start)

Post by Bob Pfeif » Fri, 27 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Did you try to move tempdb to another device?  You could try to start SQL
Server with the /f switch from the command line: sqlservr /f.  Then run
sp_configure 'tempdb', 0 then run reconfigure.  Then restart SQL Server.
This should cause tempdb to be created on disk normally on the restart.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Pfeiff, MCSD
Spectrum Technology Group, Inc., NTP

1. Changed PC from domain server to workgroup server, now SQL wont start

I'm running W2K and I had SQL server running fine on a system that was part
of a domain.  Now I took the system out of the domain and made it part of
its own workgroup.  I noticed some SQL services weren't starting and changed
the domain name associated with the service to the local workgroup
administrator account, but the MSSQL server service still fails to start.
Any ideas how to fix this?

-Davis

2. Refresh Method gets error

3. Sql Server Wont Start

4. UNIX's ODBC for OpenIngres

5. SQL SERVER WONT START - (long)

6. Record/Key Deleted Error - Urgent

7. SQL Server wont start!!

8. PG rules! (RULES being the word ;->)

9. SQL Server Service wont start

10. SQL Server Agent wont auto start

11. SQL SERVER WONT START PLEASE HELP

12. Help... SQL Server 2000 Wont start

13. SQL 6.5 cannot start - Failed to create temp db