Please Respond: DTS Import/Export Wizard Error (dbaseIV to SQL2K)

Please Respond: DTS Import/Export Wizard Error (dbaseIV to SQL2K)

Post by Garibald » Wed, 21 May 2003 08:00:25

Folks,

I'm receiving the following error message whe I use the DTS Import/Export
Wizard.

Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
Error Description: Unexpected error from external database driver (8961)
Context: Error calling OpenRowset on the provider

I've tried all dBase versions using the wizard. I CAN import the same file
into MSAccess w/o any problems.

I'm at a lost to what's causing the problem.

This is important to me so any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Respond: DTS Import/Export Wizard Error (dbaseIV to SQL2K)

Post by Garibald » Wed, 21 May 2003 08:33:22

Okay, I got it.

The problem was that I was trying to import more than one DBase file, e.g.
"Select All", rather than one at a time. Of all the files the customer
provided, one file that had a corrupt header. I determined that the file had
a corrupt header by trying to open the darn thing in Paradox. Paradox threw
the "corrupt header" message.

I apologize for the inconvenience I caused you.

Quote:> Folks,

> I'm receiving the following error message whe I use the DTS Import/Export
> Wizard.

> Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
> Error Description: Unexpected error from external database driver (8961)
> Context: Error calling OpenRowset on the provider

> I've tried all dBase versions using the wizard. I CAN import the same file
> into MSAccess w/o any problems.

> I'm at a lost to what's causing the problem.

> This is important to me so any help will be deeply appreciated.

> Thanks.

1. DTS Import/Export Wizard won't run - Error in the DLL - CoCreateInstance Error

Hi All,

I just installed SQL Server 2000, Developer Edition, on
my new XP computer.  The DTS Import/Export Wizard doesn't
function - I get an "Error in the DLL" error box, with a
heading of "DTS Import/Export Wizard:  CoCreateInstance"

I've tried getting an older version of comcat.dll, re-
registering several dts dll's, reinstalling SQL Server
many times - nothing seems to work.  Has anybody seen
this and fixed it?

Thanks.

2. MS SQL Server Reading Material

3. Importing text files into SQL Server 2000 Database using DTS Import/Export Wizard

4. PowerBuilder users network ?!!

5. Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

6. Closing Lost Network Connections

7. DTS Import/Export Wizard Error

8. Can't refresh TQuery (MSSQL)

9. DTS Import/export wizard error

10. DTS Import/Export Wizard Error

11. DTS Import/Export Wizard Error: CoCreateInstance

12. DTS Import/Export Wizard Error