Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Post by J. R. Hendrick » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 04:38:33

Vyas,

Thanks for the code and the help.  I just have one further question (for
now at least).

When I attach the URL parameter to "CallURL.exe" do I enclose it in
quotes (due to the length of the URL string).  Something like this:
CallURL.exe "URL String To Pass"

As luck would have it, the URL site has a problem this morning.

Thanks for all your assistance.

J. R.

Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:38:05

JR, yes, enclose the URL within double quotes. Let me know how it goes.
--
HTH,
Vyas,

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> Vyas,

> Thanks for the code and the help.  I just have one further question (for
> now at least).

> When I attach the URL parameter to "CallURL.exe" do I enclose it in
> quotes (due to the length of the URL string).  Something like this:
> CallURL.exe "URL String To Pass"

> As luck would have it, the URL site has a problem this morning.

> Thanks for all your assistance.

> J. R.

Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Post by J. R. Hendrick » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:59:17

Vyas,

It does not appear to be working.  When I hit the URL manually (with a
browser) it works correctly.

When I pass the URL paramater with CallURL.exe the parameter action does
not take place.  I assume I am passing the URL paramater correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

J. R.

Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:05:41

JR, sorry about that. I suggested you to enclose the URL in double
quotes, without actually testing it. Please DO NOT enclose the URL in
double quotes. Just pass the URL as it is. I tested it and it works for
me without double quotes. Try it and let me know how it goes. Good luck!
--
HTH,
Vyas
SQL Server FAQ, articles, code samples,

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Post by J. R. Hendrick » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 06:25:42

Vyas,

Success,  That works fine.  I should have tried that.

One other quick question off this subject.  Can I copy created jobs from
oneSQL machine to another.  I have looked for an option to copy the
actual job, but don't find anything that indicates a copy operation (or
to create a file I can move between machines).  I have been testing jobs
on a standalone SQL Server installation, and was looking for an
easy/efficient way to move things over to the network server
installation without re-creating everything.

Thanks again for all of your help and guidance.

J. R.

Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 14:47:43

JR, Glad to know we finally got it working :-)

In Enterprise Manager, you can script the jobs. After that just run those
scripts on the target server to recreate those jobs. In Enterprise Manager,
right click on the job, All Tasks -> Script Job...
--
HTH,
Vyas,
SQL Server FAQ, articles, code samples, Books,

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:

> Vyas,

> Success,  That works fine.  I should have tried that.

> One other quick question off this subject.  Can I copy created jobs from
> oneSQL machine to another.  I have looked for an option to copy the
> actual job, but don't find anything that indicates a copy operation (or
> to create a file I can move between machines).  I have been testing jobs
> on a standalone SQL Server installation, and was looking for an
> easy/efficient way to move things over to the network server
> installation without re-creating everything.

> Thanks again for all of your help and guidance.

> J. R.

1. Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

Greetings,

I need to be able to pass arguments to a WEB site using a SQL Server
Job.  The web site creator has given me the address and arguments, and
suggested that I should use a SQL Server Job to automate hitting the
URL. Other information is being transferred to the site from SQL.

The whole purpose is to be able to hit the site and process on a
schedule rather than having a user manually hit the site through a
browser, enter the information and click a process buton.

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance for
any assistance and direction.

J. R.

2. URGENT:start IOL5 without log.logs?

3. SQL Server 2000--Accessing SQL Server Using a URL

4. MAJOR PROBLEM in comparing dates

5. passing url parameters to SQL Server

6. restore database with SP1

7. Passing a Clob argument to a stored procedure from Java using JDBC

8. Connecting to SQL Server on a different Domain

9. Automatic SQL Server Restart caused job not to run--PLEASE HELP

10. Need help with query using SQL please

11. sql server scheduled job help please

12. Counting arguments passed to SQL or PL/SQL?

13. help with stored procedure and passing arguments to SELECT