The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been exceeded

The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been exceeded

Post by shmuli » Wed, 21 May 2003 11:56:58

hi all

my job file and i get this message

 Unable to post notification to SQLServerAgent
(reason: The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been
exceeded.
 The notification will be ignored.) [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22022)
 Associated statement is not prepared [SQLSTATE HY007] (Error 0)
 Unable to post notification to SQLServerAgent
(reason: The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been
exceeded.
 The notification will be ignored.) [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22022)

but their is no notification in this job

thank
shmulik

The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been exceeded

Post by Greg Linwoo » Wed, 21 May 2003 14:04:00

Hi shmulik

I haven't seen that myself, but I dug this previous thread
out of the archive which you might find useful:

http://tinyurl.com/c744

HTH

Regards,
Greg Linwood
SQL Server MVP

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hi all

>my job file and i get this message

> Unable to post notification to SQLServerAgent
>(reason: The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent

notifications has been
Quote:>exceeded.
> The notification will be ignored.) [SQLSTATE 42000]
(Error 22022)
> Associated statement is not prepared [SQLSTATE HY007]
(Error 0)
> Unable to post notification to SQLServerAgent
>(reason: The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent

notifications has been
Quote:>exceeded.
> The notification will be ignored.) [SQLSTATE 42000]
(Error 22022)

>but their is no notification in this job

>thank
>shmulik

>.

1. maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications ?

Lately many of my jobs fail reporting the following error

The maximum number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been
exceeded.  The notification will be ignored. [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message
22022)  Unable to post notification to SQLServerAgent (reason: The maximum
number of pending SQLServerAgent notifications has been exceeded.  The
notification will be ignored.) [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22022)

After restarting the SQLServerAgent I get a short grace period with no
error, but after a few day they resurface.

Im running SQL2K  sp2 +latest hotfixes on win2k using netsend and email
(using outlook client ) notification.

Any idea to the cause ?

I couldnt find a signal article on the subject?

Please help

Guy Rafalovich

DBA Team Leader Hotbar.com

2. more than one color in a list box

3. The number of rows with pending changes has exceeded the set limit

4. need help on creating installation of MFC DAO application

5. **exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row

6. Items for an Intranet

7. Error 925 Maximum number of used databases for each query has been exceeded

8. Q:Setting order in a local view

9. Exceed the maximum number of bytes per row.

10. System Error 4414 (Exceeded maximum number of tables in a query)

11. maximum number of vector aggregates exceeded

12. Maximum number of configured user connections exceeded