Fix for Windows setup.exe not running

Post by Sarah Parra [M » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:48:23

There have been some reports here and there that some people were not able
to run the Windows installation for the Beta 2 SQL Server JDBC driver. When
you try to run setup.exe, nothing would happen and the install would never
begin.

We tracked this down to a bad download on one of the servers somewhere, and
corrected the problem, so this should not be happening anymore. We have
already confirmed that several machines that were previously not working
can now install Beta 2 successfully. In the testing I have done, if you get
a bad file, it's 5,251KB in size, whereas the good download is 5,245KB.

Thanks,
Sarah Parra
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Fix for Windows setup.exe not running

Post by chenx » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:49:26

The file I download is 5,369,943 byte in size. It report "java.exe
Application Error..." .
(Windows 2000 Server+sp2 simple Chinese5.002195 , ie6 6.00.2462)

Where can I download the good file ?

Please tell me the good URL,Thank you !

Quote:> There have been some reports here and there that some people were not able
> to run the Windows installation for the Beta 2 SQL Server JDBC driver.
When
> you try to run setup.exe, nothing would happen and the install would never
> begin.

> We tracked this down to a bad download on one of the servers somewhere,
and
> corrected the problem, so this should not be happening anymore. We have
> already confirmed that several machines that were previously not working
> can now install Beta 2 successfully. In the testing I have done, if you
get
> a bad file, it's 5,251KB in size, whereas the good download is 5,245KB.

> Thanks,
> Sarah Parra
> Microsoft Developer Support

rights.

> Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
> Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Fix for Windows setup.exe not running

Post by Sarah Parra [M » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:56:46

The file size you listed is the correct one.

When do you get that error? The problem with the bad download was that when
you tried to run the setup.exe, nothing at all would happen. No errors
would occur. Is your error occurring when you try to start installation, or
when you try to run some code?

The correct URL is this:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/2000/jdbc.asp, then there is a link
to the setup.exe on the right side of the page. However, I think you
already have the good download, based on the file size you indicated.

Thanks!
Sarah Parra
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

Using VB 4.0, Windows 95 B.

I create a setup routine using the standard Setup Wizard shipped with 4.0.
I made some manual entries to the SWDEPEND.INI for some DLL relationships.

The SETUP.EXE is then executed on a Windows 95 A machine.  I receive an
error "Unexpected Error" and it quits.  This happens during the
"Initializing Files" routine - before it even gets to the part were the
user kicks off the setup and/or changes directories for the install.

It works great on Windows 95 B machines.  I recently made the switch to a
Windows 95 B machine - never had a single issue creating SETUP programs on
my Windows 95 A machines.

Anyone seen this before.  Please feel free to email me at:

--
Regards,
Gary Glickman

2. Exporting Blob fields

3. Upgrading Oracle 8.1.7 to 8.1.7.1.1 setup.exe does not run

4. DataEnvironment.Connection.Provider = ... gives error

5. Setup.exe To Run SQL Scripts

6. IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conf. on Database Security - Call for Papers

7. Error when running wizard created setup.exe

8. SQL2KDeskSP3.exe setup.exe aborts with Fatal Error

9. SHARE.EXE - Access 2.0 DB running under Windows 95

10. Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

11. Windows .EXE run problem

12. How can I run a Metasuite-generated .exe file on Windows