Win2k install Vs NT4 to Win2k upgrade.

Post by Andrew Spar » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 04:59:32

We have a bunch of machines here.

My programmer has been unable to get his XML code run to satisfactorily on 3
of them.

The only thing special about the 3 bad machines is that they were upgraded
from
NT4 to Win2k whereas all of the clean installs do not exhibit the problems.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we need to change on the upgrade
machines.

The important machine is a customers so no points for suggesting a reformat
and reinstall of Windows :-)

Many thanks in advance

Win2k install Vs NT4 to Win2k upgrade.

Post by Andrew Spar » Sun, 11 Mar 2001 05:31:29

Well, I am going to answer my own question in case anyone else has the same
question:

The solution to the problem listed below is...... Install windows
compatibility updates!

Quote:> We have a bunch of machines here.

> My programmer has been unable to get his XML code run to satisfactorily on
3
> of them.

> The only thing special about the 3 bad machines is that they were upgraded
> from
> NT4 to Win2k whereas all of the clean installs do not exhibit the
problems.

> Does anyone have any ideas on what we need to change on the upgrade
> machines.

> The important machine is a customers so no points for suggesting a
reformat
> and reinstall of Windows :-)

> Many thanks in advance

1. Win2k upgrade vs. Clean Install

I have an NT 4 Server being used as a SQL 7 datawarehouse
server, and our DBA would like the server upgraded to
Windows 2000 to take advantage of IIS 5.  Any suggestions
on best practices  for doing this upgrade via either an
upgrade or clean install of 2000.  The NT server is a
member server in the NT domain and is running SP6a.

2. UniVerse Install Problem

3. Win2K Server vs. Win2k Pro speed difference

4. Replication from 6.5 from 7

5. Upgrading from NT4, SQL 7 to WIN2k, SQL2000

6. Selecting from fuction

7. Upgrading nt4 computer w/ SQL 7 to WIN2K

8. recursive rel. XML-departments within departments and employees

9. SQL Server 7 on NT4 vs SQL Server 7 on Win2K

10. Performance SQL 7 on NT4 vs SQL 2000 on Win2K

11. Win2k performance vs NT4.0 ?

12. Replication between server1 w/Win2k-sp2 and server2 w/Win2k-sp3

13. Win2K Pro / Win2K Server