export query results to flat file?

Post by jim shanto » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Anyone know how to export query results to a flat file ?

TIA

Jim shanton

export query results to flat file?

Post by Michael S. Armentrou » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Check out DTS or bcp.  If you are using 7.0, you can use the queryout option
and specify a query.  If this is 6.5 you can put the result set in a temp
table and then bcp that out.

>Anyone know how to export query results to a flat file ?

>TIA

>Jim shanton

export query results to flat file?

Post by Kieran Owen » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Try good old isql.exe (the command line version) with the -n -o file
options.

Quote:> Anyone know how to export query results to a flat file ?

> TIA

> Jim shanton

1. export data 2 flat file - unbelievable results

maybe the description was not detailed enough...

we're exporting 50 tables to flat txt files.

-when we use bulkcopy it fucks up the data because of special
characters.

-when we use a package to do it it (sometimes!!!!) cuts the character
fields longer than 256 chars to 256.

-we also tried it with a vbscript ->same shit only 256 chars.

i really don't know how to go on with it !!!!!!!
and the deadline is next week and i don't know how i should ever get it
running with that strange behaviour.

did anyone experience problems like that?????

cheerz bernd

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Activate Other Application

3. Dumping results of SQL query into ASCII flat file

4. Freddy File Finder: Finding Disk Files By Content

5. exporting a query result to an excel file

6. CachedRowSet and updates that aren't (MS/MERANT jdbc driver)

7. Exporting Query Results to file

8. ADO or ODBC Client Side Access to Oracle 8.1?

9. exporting a query result to an excel file

10. Export query results to text file

11. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

12. flat query results

13. Flat File Rowset Provider - strange results