Problem using Data Link file from ATL COM DLL

Problem using Data Link file from ATL COM DLL

Post by Joseph Bolac » Fri, 18 May 2001 22:13:37

I have a Data Link file that I use instead of a connect string to establish
a connection to a SQL Server 2000 database. It works fine in MFC VC++ 6.0,
but when I try the UDL file from a ATL COM Dll I get an E_FAIL on the
connection->Open. The Error's collection has - Errors: 016b0c37;
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified.

Anybody have any ideas?

1. SPEED: VB5 ActiveX DLL vs C++ ATL COM DLL

Does anyone have any knowledge of speed differences between a compiled
C++ ATL COM DLL and a VB5 ActiveX DLL?  Is the difference negligible
(ie, compared to bandwidth issues, database connection issues, etc)

Pointers to any resources or white papers would be excellent.  Thanks in
advance.

-- Kris

Kristopher Nelson

http://www.kristopher.com

2. db transfer

3. Using DTS Components from ATL COM.

4. Integrating NewEra with VisualC++/MFC

5. Using Access 2000 in an ATL COM based application

6. WebMerger DB<->WEB scripting tool

7. Using CDaoDatabase/CDaoRecordset from inside an ATL/MFC COM Component

8. ANN: New sundialservices.com web-pages, FAQs, support-log

9. problems passing ADO Recordset from VB-COM client to VC-COM-Server dll

10. Mem leaks using CDatabase in ATL DLL

11. Linking to SQLDMO.dll bypassing COM

12. Using the DTS dtsffile.dll in an ActiveX component to transform flat file data

13. Problem with using 32Bit DLL File in VFP5.0