Problems with float on SQL 6.5 SP4

Post by <c.. » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a serious problem. Have anybody seen this problem with converting
float to numeric?

Msg 8114, Level 16, State 2
Error converting type float to type numeric.

If I run this query:
SELECT CONVERT(float,"123.45")
result is 123.0  It should be 123.45

And if I run this:
SELECT CONVERT(float,"123,45")
result is 123.45 (should be 123.0)

SQL-server seems to "change" my dots to commas in some way. This problem
suddenly started two days ago. I have used SP4 in last 6 months and never
seen it before.

Please help

/Falken

Problems with float on SQL 6.5 SP4

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Could anyone have changed the SQL language you login with?  Also check the
regional settings in control panel/regional settings on the client machine.

Quote:> I have a serious problem. Have anybody seen this problem with converting
> float to numeric?

> Msg 8114, Level 16, State 2
> Error converting type float to type numeric.

> If I run this query:
> SELECT CONVERT(float,"123.45")
> result is 123.0  It should be 123.45

> And if I run this:
> SELECT CONVERT(float,"123,45")
> result is 123.45 (should be 123.0)

> SQL-server seems to "change" my dots to commas in some way. This problem
> suddenly started two days ago. I have used SP4 in last 6 months and never
> seen it before.

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 and http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 and GO MSSQL Lib 1 on Compuserve

1. Problems float on SQL 6.5 SP4

I have a serious problem. Have anybody seen this problem with converting
float to numeric?

Msg 8114, Level 16, State 2
Error converting type float to type numeric.

If I run this query:
SELECT CONVERT(float,"123.45")
result is 123.0  It should be 123.45

And if I run this:
SELECT CONVERT(float,"123,45")
result is 123.45 (should be 123.0)

SQL-server seems to "change" my dots to commas in some way. This problem
suddenly started two days ago. I have used SP4 in last 6 months and never
seen it before.

Please help

/Falken

2. A00 + OL00 Kalendereintrag ohne EntryID

3. Float column in 6.5 sp4 being truncated???

4. surrogate key generator needs help

5. Lower performance for non-dbo users (SQL 6.5 SP4, NT 4.0 SP4, Access 2.0 client)

6. UniVerse Vs Unidata Performance

7. How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

8. error code -240!

9. NTS 3.51,SP4/SQL 6.5,SP1 to NTS 4.0/SQL 6.5,SP1

10. Problems installinf sp4 on sql 6.5

11. SQL Server 6.5 SP4/SP5a Compatibility Problems

12. SQL Server 6.5 SP4 / SP5 compatibility problems

13. SQL 6.5 w/SP4 connect problem