SQL2K version check

Post by Ram » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 05:23:10

Hello folks,

Here is a what I get when I execute the following code on
the same server. I am confused, any insight is greatly
appreciated.

select serverproperty('productversion'), serverproperty
('productlevel')

---------------
Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86)
        Dec 17 2002 14:22:05
        Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
        Personal Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195:
Service Pack 2)

(1 row(s) affected)

------------ ------
8.00.760     SP3

(1 row(s) affected)

SQL2K version check

Post by Dinesh.T. » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 05:45:03

Ram,

8.00.760 means SQL Server2000 with SP3.8 reflects the major build, in this
case,its translated as SQL2000 which is not going to change as long as you
are in SQL2000.760 is the minor build and would change with service
packs.Since you are in SP3 the value is 760.If on SP1 it would be 384.

--To find SQL Server version and service pack

VERSION',convert(char,SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel')) as 'Service pack
level'

--
Dinesh.
SQL Server FAQ at

> Hello folks,

> Here is a what I get when I execute the following code on
> the same server. I am confused, any insight is greatly
> appreciated.

> select serverproperty('productversion'), serverproperty
> ('productlevel')

> ---------------
> Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86)
> Dec 17 2002 14:22:05
> Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
> Personal Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195:
> Service Pack 2)

> (1 row(s) affected)

> ------------ ------
> 8.00.760     SP3

> (1 row(s) affected)

1. Checking Version and Copy New Version of ADP

I would like to implement version checking in my database.  The way I was
thinking is this.

In the main form, I have a text box that has the version number of the ADP
(Say the Box Says 1.2).  I have a table called version and in it there is
one field and it says 1.3

That would mean that the databse should be on version 1.3 but the ADP File I
am using is 1.2 - therefore requiring an update  (I would check this on the
open event of the first form and do the comparison).

My question is this....  How would I then copy the file from a sharepoint on
my server (Call it \\server\data\distro) to my local and have the ADP close
and re-open with the new version?  Or is there a Reload function that it
will re-load it self ?

Thanks,
Shawn

2. SQl/Sybase

3. How to check SP rev of SQL2K

4. money format (OpenIngres is Not)

5. SP2 for SQL2K does not change version on MSDE 2000

6. db size

7. VB SQL Developer version and SQL2K IMPORT/ RESTORE?

8. NEED TO REPAIR SQL 7

9. SQL2K Version Reporting Inconsistencies

10. Going back from SQL2K SP3 to SQL2K SP2 + patch

11. NT4 machine with SQL2K client tools connecting to SQL2K Cluster

12. BUG: sql2k/sp1 linked server to sql2k dirty commit

13. restore databases from SQL2k std to SQL2k Enterprise