Develop with AccessXP - Client with Access 2000

Develop with AccessXP - Client with Access 2000

Post by Ido Ra » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:17:41

Hello, I'm currently developing Access XP application (adp) useing MSDE 2000
as back end. The Access file is in Access 2000 format.

I would like to know if it is possible to use Access 2000 as the client to
use this application with MSDE 2000 (not MSDE 1.0) as backend?

Thank you very much,
Ido.

Develop with AccessXP - Client with Access 2000

Post by Lee Johnson [M » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 12:44:23

As its name implies, a file in Access 2000 file format can be opened in
both Access 2000 and Access 2002. However, there may be some issues with
the Access 2000 connecting to SQL 2000, since Access 2000 comes out before
SQL 2000.

ACC2000: Issues Between Access 2000 Projects and SQL Server 2000[acc2000kb]
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q269/8/24.asp

---------------------
This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Develop with AccessXP - Client with Access 2000

Post by BurtonRobert » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:31:19

You can do it using SR-1a of Office 2000. You wont wont be able to create or
edit sql2k functions from the ide, but you can certainly use them from
within a sproc. My advice, however, upgrade if it is at all feasible.
Burton Roberts

Quote:> Hello, I'm currently developing Access XP application (adp) useing MSDE
2000
> as back end. The Access file is in Access 2000 format.

> I would like to know if it is possible to use Access 2000 as the client to
> use this application with MSDE 2000 (not MSDE 1.0) as backend?

> Thank you very much,
> Ido.

1. Senior Consultant - 2 yrs Oracle, Designer/2000, develop client relationships, s/w solutions - NE (PW124988-10004PW)

Senior Consultant - 2 yrs Oracle, Designer/2000, develop client
relationships, s/w solutions - NE (PW124988-10004PW)
Full-Time Opportunity

Description

The successful candidate will provide innovative solutions in order to
solve complex technical and business issues. In addition, this person
must be able to manage assigned project tasks, participate in proposal
development, and prepare/deliver presentations. The successful
candidate will provide guidance and direction to Associate and Staff
consultants and contribute to the improvement of the practice's
intellectual capital.

Senior Consultants are expected to build and maintain positive
relationships with their assigned clients.

Travel and work at client sites is an integral part of this role.

Employees at Oracle Canada have the opportunity to work in a dynamic
small team environment with the very latest in software solutions. New
staff learn industry 'best practices' and gain vendor-level training
in Oracles products and software tools. If you thought your current
career options were good, consider joining the rapidly expanding,
world-class team at Oracle Canada.

"Must Have" Skills

2 years analysis experience
2 years Oracle product experience
3 year degree in Computer Science
Client/server application development
Excellent communication skills
Project management experience

"Nice to Have" Skills

CASE tool development
Experience with Designer/2000, especially entity modeling, table
        design and DDL generation

Posting Date: 4/21/98
Location: Any City, Any Province, Canada
Title: Senior Consultant
Technology: Oracle (Developer/Designer 2000, Forms, Reports)
Industry: Business Software Solutions

Contact Info

To apply - 1) Send an email directly (use WORD '95, *.rtf, or *.txt
formats with file sizes under 25K, no graphics please), or
2) visit http://jobs.oracle.com

110 Matheson Blvd. West Suite 100 Mississauga, Ontario L5R 3P4
Contact Person: Nancy Elson
Fax: 905-890-0263

Oracle Canada appreciates your interest in this position. Should your
skills be a strong match for these requirements, you will be contacted
promptly to discuss this opportunity further.

Company General Address
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.
110 Matheson Blvd. West
Suite 100
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada L5R 3P4

? 1997 Positionwatch Limited

2. Performance Alerts

3. Client limitation problem using Access 2000 as client

4. Help! Problems with global fields losing their value!!!

5. ADO /access 2000 - client/server - client does not see server updates

6. SQL Question

7. Using Access 2000 as a client to MSDE 2000

8. Error

9. Appropriate forum for Access 2000 - MS SQL Server 2000 client-server queries

10. Access 2000 as a client to MSDE 2000

11. Running Applicatioin Developed by Developer 2000 without having installed Developer 2000

12. Can connect to SQL 2000 server from 7.0 client, not from 2000 client

13. connect to an SQL DB using either Access 2000 or a SQL Client tool