Cannot view tables in Enterprise Manager

Cannot view tables in Enterprise Manager

Post by Mark Taylo » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:51:05

We've a database in (SQL7.0 SP2) that we are using and running queries on,
but we cannot view the tables in Enterprise Manager - clicking on 'Tables'
produces a blank screen - although it does say '30 items' should be there.
We've tried a reboot, but to no avail - have we managed to filter the tables
out or something? I can't find out anything about display settings for the
database within Enterprise Manager.  What have we done.......

Cannot view tables in Enterprise Manager

Post by Ken Illingswort » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 02:38:51

Right click on your server in EM, and select 'Edit SQL Server Registration
Properties'. Is the checkbox 'Show System Databases and System Objects'
enabled?

--
Regards,
Ken Illingsworth

Quote:> We've a database in (SQL7.0 SP2) that we are using and running queries on,
> but we cannot view the tables in Enterprise Manager - clicking on 'Tables'
> produces a blank screen - although it does say '30 items' should be there.
> We've tried a reboot, but to no avail - have we managed to filter the
tables
> out or something? I can't find out anything about display settings for the
> database within Enterprise Manager.  What have we done.......

Cannot view tables in Enterprise Manager

Post by Mark Taylo » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:06:41

Thanks for the reply, yes this box is checked - we've several databases on
the same server and we can view the tables in these no problem - Is there a
way of not showing System Objects & Databases for certain databases?

> Right click on your server in EM, and select 'Edit SQL Server Registration
> Properties'. Is the checkbox 'Show System Databases and System Objects'
> enabled?

> --
> Regards,
> Ken Illingsworth

> > We've a database in (SQL7.0 SP2) that we are using and running queries
on,
> > but we cannot view the tables in Enterprise Manager - clicking on
'Tables'
> > produces a blank screen - although it does say '30 items' should be
there.
> > We've tried a reboot, but to no avail - have we managed to filter the
> tables
> > out or something? I can't find out anything about display settings for
the
> > database within Enterprise Manager.  What have we done.......

Cannot view tables in Enterprise Manager

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 20:31:08

Mark,

Nope. It is all or nothing.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP