Printing Query Plans

Post by Brad Whitmir » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a way to print out the graphical representation of query
plans from QA?  Thanks,

Brad.

Printing Query Plans

Post by Aaron Bertrand [MVP » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

In SQL Server 2000, you can just highlight that pane and choose Print from
the File menu.  It prints in landscape by default.  I don't know if you
could do that in 7.0, and unfortunately I don't have any 7.0 servers around
here to check it on.  :-)

--
The ASP FAQ has a new look.  http://www.aspfaq.com/

Quote:> Does anyone know of a way to print out the graphical representation of
query
> plans from QA?  Thanks,

> Brad.

Printing Query Plans

Post by Brad Whitmir » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Great thanks!! It worked. Boy do I feel dumb. I wish I had known this
earlier it would have saved me from doing a ton of screen shots.

Brad.

> In SQL Server 2000, you can just highlight that pane and choose Print from
> the File menu.  It prints in landscape by default.  I don't know if you
> could do that in 7.0, and unfortunately I don't have any 7.0 servers
around
> here to check it on.  :-)

> --
> The ASP FAQ has a new look.  http://www.aspfaq.com/

> > Does anyone know of a way to print out the graphical representation of
> query
> > plans from QA?  Thanks,

> > Brad.

1. Client tools / Print of Excecution plan from Query Analyzer

Hi

A couple of questions:

1.
Is it possible (other than do a print screen) to have the
execution plan of a query out on paper. All the
interesting information for the icons (showed in the
yellow message box when you place the mouse on top of the
icon) will not be printet easily using print screen - at
least not if you got a execution plan showing several
icons?

2.
Is there better (third party?) tools  to manage SQL Server
(6.5/7.0/2000) than the ones Microsoft provides?

Sometimes I find the Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer
and some of the other SQL Server Client tools Microsoft
Provides a bit "to small"/too "limited" (e.g. the above
question).
E.g. the index tuning wizard it self is a good help, but
why does the listboxes where information is showed has to
be so small?????????? This is in fact the question for
many other dialog controls used in the client tools!

Thank You

Jakob Persson
Maersk Data AS
Copenhagen, Denmark

(and also the estimated exec. plan)

2. Easy question for the VB elite?

3. Query Analyzer -- Printing Estimated Execution Plan

4. Need help ASAP

5. Execution plan,Query plan?

6. Security

7. Locking Plan part of Query Plan?

8. Storing XML Documents in SQL Server

9. Why is Stored Proc plan slower than query plan

10. Query Evaluation Plan changes on same query

11. Replication Error:The query processor could not produce a query plan from the op

12. [sql server] The query processor could not produce a query plan

13. Stored Procedure Dynamic Queries and Query Plan