management/sql jobs

Post by joy » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:40:40

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Since installing
SP3, none of my jobs that are running activex vb script
are running anymore.  There is no error given, no
information at all given -
I'm in the process of just rewriting things into batch
programs but it makes no sense.
TIA

management/sql jobs

Post by David Porta » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:35:20

Have you checked that SQL Agent is running on your server?

Have you tried starting one of your jobs manually from Enterprise Manager?
Select a job in EM, right-click and Start Job.
You should be able to see any error messages under View Job History
(right-click). Check the "Show step details" option and highlight the failed
step to see any error messages.

--
David Portas
------------

Quote:> Has anyone else experienced this problem? Since installing
> SP3, none of my jobs that are running activex vb script
> are running anymore.  There is no error given, no
> information at all given -
> I'm in the process of just rewriting things into batch
> programs but it makes no sense.
> TIA

management/sql jobs

Post by joy schwartin » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:15:45

That is the interesting thing.  I have tried rerunning it manually and
nothing happens, the job doesnt run at all, thus there is no job history
to give any information on it.
one of the steps in the job is to run activex (the type) - its been
working for almost 2 years this way with no problems at all - then the
SP3 is added, and no job that has active x in one of the steps even
runs.  I had to remove the active x to get the job to run.

  _alt.0
9K Download

1. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS

JOB TITLE: Senior Programmer DataWareHousing

LENGTH: Temp-to-Perm

WORK LOCATION: Rockville or Frederick, Maryland

START DATE:  ASAP

TRAVEL:  WHERE:  % OF TIME:

HOURS: 40+

Near a DBA  has to have experience with either Oracle 7 or 8

Design and architect an Oracle Dbase for the DataWarehouse group.

Heavy SQL tuning but not Dbase tuning.  Needs to know database indexing
versus non indexing; architect data structures; familiar with I/O
constraints; Star Schemas; map Indexing; needs to know indexing versus
non-indexing.

Need to understand the buiness/industry and the DataBase.  Will look at
somebody whos been working with Oracle for 2 to 3 years, but not someone
that that has been coding in Forms.

DataWarehouse members; claims; providers; authorizations, payments, etc.
all maintained in these DataBases.  They are massive in size.

Sun boxes; Unix platform;

Core hours are 9 to 4.  If someone wants to leave at 4, they need to be in
at 8, and inversely, if they are in at 9, theyll leave at 5.

2. Advanced SQL Programming Techniques

3. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DOS Btrieve (5.10) and win95 problem refined

5. CT-Danbury-263537--Management-Project Management-Programming Skills-SQL-Visual B

6. Informix DBA/Engineer needed in Atlanta GA

7. Job - Technical Consultant (Data Management)

8. US-ME-/CAD GRAPHICS

9. Job in scientific data management - Boulder

10. Maintenance Plans, Jobs and Transaction management

11. Job: DB Management - Atlanta

12. Database Management Jobs Open in Greater Boston, MASS area

13. Job Opening in Portland Oregon - Director Of DataBase Management