Registerting an Internet Server

Registerting an Internet Server

Post by Bruce Pat » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:10:12



This has to be a newbie question, at least this is my first use of SQL
Server installation and configuration... I have installed SQL Server 2000 on
a remote server. I've been using Access until now... I can register my
develpment box on my local LAN however when I try to connect to my
production box on the Internet with Enterprise Manager, I get the following
error:

123.123.123.123 - Login failed for user 'UserName'. Reason: Not associated
with a trusted SQL connection.

Bruce Pate

 
 
 

Registerting an Internet Server

Post by Andrew Petrochuk [MS » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:46:00


Usually you get this message when you try to connect to SQL server using SQL
server authentication and SQL server uses Windows authentication mode.

I want to add a few words about putting your production SQL server on
internet without firewall protection. I hope that you know what your are
doing but usually it is a bad idea. It is better to create some kind of web
interface to manage your database.

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights


Quote:> This has to be a newbie question, at least this is my first use of SQL
> Server installation and configuration... I have installed SQL Server 2000
on
> a remote server. I've been using Access until now... I can register my
> develpment box on my local LAN however when I try to connect to my
> production box on the Internet with Enterprise Manager, I get the
following
> error:

> 123.123.123.123 - Login failed for user 'UserName'. Reason: Not associated
> with a trusted SQL connection.

> Bruce Pate


 
 
 

Registerting an Internet Server

Post by Bruce Pat » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 23:49:44


Ok, that is the case, I'm using Windows Authentication for SQL Server as
recommended by MS Basline Security Analyzer. I am also behind a firewall...
I actually thought that a closed port could have been the problem... What
port does SQL Server use anyway? From your response, I will use a web
interface and PCAnywhere to manage my database... Thanks



> Usually you get this message when you try to connect to SQL server using
SQL
> server authentication and SQL server uses Windows authentication mode.

> I want to add a few words about putting your production SQL server on
> internet without firewall protection. I hope that you know what your are
> doing but usually it is a bad idea. It is better to create some kind of
web
> interface to manage your database.

> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights



> > This has to be a newbie question, at least this is my first use of SQL
> > Server installation and configuration... I have installed SQL Server
2000
> on
> > a remote server. I've been using Access until now... I can register my
> > develpment box on my local LAN however when I try to connect to my
> > production box on the Internet with Enterprise Manager, I get the
> following
> > error:

> > 123.123.123.123 - Login failed for user 'UserName'. Reason: Not
associated
> > with a trusted SQL connection.

> > Bruce Pate

 
 
 

Registerting an Internet Server

Post by Andrew Petrochuk [MS » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 02:00:07


Here is an article that explains it:

INF: TCP Ports Needed for Communication to SQL Server Through a Firewall
(Q287932)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q287932

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights


> Ok, that is the case, I'm using Windows Authentication for SQL Server as
> recommended by MS Basline Security Analyzer. I am also behind a
firewall...
> I actually thought that a closed port could have been the problem... What
> port does SQL Server use anyway? From your response, I will use a web
> interface and PCAnywhere to manage my database... Thanks



> > Usually you get this message when you try to connect to SQL server using
> SQL
> > server authentication and SQL server uses Windows authentication mode.

> > I want to add a few words about putting your production SQL server on
> > internet without firewall protection. I hope that you know what your are
> > doing but usually it is a bad idea. It is better to create some kind of
> web
> > interface to manage your database.

> > --
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights



> > > This has to be a newbie question, at least this is my first use of SQL
> > > Server installation and configuration... I have installed SQL Server
> 2000
> > on
> > > a remote server. I've been using Access until now... I can register my
> > > develpment box on my local LAN however when I try to connect to my
> > > production box on the Internet with Enterprise Manager, I get the
> > following
> > > error:

> > > 123.123.123.123 - Login failed for user 'UserName'. Reason: Not
> associated
> > > with a trusted SQL connection.

> > > Bruce Pate

 
 
 

1. Demo: Internet Global Business Solution, Windows GUI Inside Internet Browser+SQL Database+Web Server

Hi, Everyone,

I have a exciting Internet database demo which I like to share with
everyone.
I develop a demo software which can help every database programmer to
develop a enterprise-level global business information system. And this
system has another name--"WorkAnywhere" system. Because it let business end
user work anywhere around world with their computer, local internet
connection to access their large enterprise level SQL database somewhere in
the world. This solution will save million of dollars for international
company because this system

Here is major advantages:

0. True record fly over the internet to client side.
1. Front-end Windows GUI support multiple Child Windows inside Internet
Browser (not HTML/CGI)
2. Front-end user software installation without disk, just download
software, automaticlly install or upgrate.
3. Backend SQL large database + Distributed Business Object + Custom
Security and more.

Try demo at here:   http://home.earthlink.net/~brainsystem/index.html

Right now, I am looking for a development project which I can apply this
new technology. If you interest about this advanced technology or you have

Come with a winning team. I believe this solution will change the
networking structure in enterprise in the next century. This structure will
also change the way people use software. The Internet will be the Network
replace the LAN or WAN.

Try it, you will find how beautful it it. Do not forget to read the article
I wrote -- Global Business System.

Robert Choi

2. Conditional import

3. Internet Connection through Ado (Internet Server Error)

4. sp querying a linked server doesn't work although ansi_warnings and ansi_nulls are correctly set

5. VA, MD, PA ~ VP Tech ~ Database, Client/Server, Internet ~ Online/Internet Commerce Co.

6. UniVerse file size measuring tools

7. MS Internet Information Server + SQL-server

8. MS Internet Server can't connect to SQL Server ODBC source

9. Newbie - connect SQL Server 2000 client to Internet Server

10. Microsoft SQL Server Internet Connector 7.0 and Site Server Connector

11. Using SQL Server Enterprise Mgr on Server Over The Internet

12. Urgent : SQL Server client server application over internet