copy of database

Post by Don LaMor » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone been able to copy all the objects from one database to another
using DTS without setting one or both of the databases to single user or DBO
only in SQL 7.0?  I have a customer that wants to to do this.  They feel
that it should be possibel since they could do so in SQL 6.5 using the
Database/Object Transfer tool.

Thanks in advance.

1. SQL Table Copy from Database to Database

I am interesting in copying tables from one database to another using VB
code. I assume it would be either handled by an SQL statement like a SELECT
INTO or it Might be a SQL-DMO code expression. Either way I have not found
any good examples to show me how to copy tables from one database to
another.

The ultimate goal is to have a default SQL "Template" database to house all
data. Code from VB program creates new SQL DB via SQL-DMO language and
creates all tables and columns. I want to next copy default tables with all
column data inside from the Template Database to the newly created SQL
Database. I have copied tables inside the same SQL database to a new table
name using the SELECT INTO language. BUT I have not successfully copied
across databases.....

If anyone has advice or an good example I would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Brian

SQL 2000
VB 6.0
using ADO connections created from code.

2. Viewing Transaction Logs

3. quick n dirty - copying a database

4. Applet in IE5 w/ native JDBC (Postgres) driver - prob ... security ???

5. Using DTS to copy a database to external SQL server

6. Packing a table in a db, how ?

7. Copying a Database from one server to another

8. Out of the debugger and into the source

9. Copy of database

10. bug ?: copy/paste database

11. Copying a database

12. Bulk copy of database in suspect mode?

13. copying between databases