maximum data and log file size - initial setup

maximum data and log file size - initial setup

Post by staphani » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:32:50

I am currently setting up a development server, and I'm
wondering what is considered an acceptable maximum data
and log size for each new database to use as a template.

Also, is there any impact on the developer if I wish to
increase the maximum size during development.

Thanks!!

maximum data and log file size - initial setup

Post by Dejan Sark » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:37:18

Quote:> I am currently setting up a development server, and I'm
> wondering what is considered an acceptable maximum data
> and log size for each new database to use as a template.

Maximum is the available disk space. Anyway, try to calculate how much data
will you have.

Quote:> Also, is there any impact on the developer if I wish to
> increase the maximum size during development.

As a developer, you should work with logical structures, so db size should
not impact your work.

--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com