HELP! How to recover a deleted database

Post by Wayne Wrigh » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I accidently deleted an entire database, thinking it still existed on a
second machine but it did not...

Both the MDF and the LDF files have been deleted but my undelete software
does not seem to find them.

Is there a way to undelete this database?  They existed on a drive that was
dedicated to the database storage so nothing has been written to it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Wayne

HELP! How to recover a deleted database

Post by John Corte » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Do you have a backup?

If so, restore your database.
If Not, check your Recycle Bin.
Otherwise, I don't know.

Quote:> I accidently deleted an entire database, thinking it still existed on a
> second machine but it did not...

> Both the MDF and the LDF files have been deleted but my undelete software
> does not seem to find them.

> Is there a way to undelete this database?  They existed on a drive that
was
> dedicated to the database storage so nothing has been written to it.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

> Wayne

1. Recovering deleted records from a database table

Hi Everyone,

    I did a really stupid thing last night on the database project that I am
working on for the last two weeks, I deleted every record from our stock
table that someone had spent the day putting into the database. I was
cleaning up some tables using delete from tblName and bang they were gone.

I was in Query Analyzer and ran the query......lucliky we had back ups from
the day before, so we were very lucky in that respect. Only lost a 100
records that can easily be put back into the database. However question is
this

1. Is it possible for QA to prompt you before I do something like that
again?

2. Is it possible to recover those records from some place that SS stores
them in....I know from a trigger you can do it, but didn't think it was
possible any other way. Someone mentioned something to me about some
transaction log or something like that. So if there is a way to recover them
I would like to know how to do it.

Other than I am tired after a long week....and there is still more to
come....oh, I am using Sql Server 7.0...thanks in advance....:)

                JohnD

--
A fool thinks he needs no advice. A wise man listens to others. Proverbs
12:15

2. How do I define a field containing both numbers and text?

3. Recovering database to delete

4. Database Networking & Remote Access

5. How to recover deleted posts from Database.dat file in MSSgl 6,5

6. xp_sendmail with results in IMAGE column

7. How to delete a recovering database

8. URGENT: How to debug error on open ???

9. Recovering a deleted database

10. How do I recover a deleted database?

11. Urgent help -Recovering a deleted table

12. HELP!!! RECOVERING DELETED ROWS

13. Help - recover from Delete All?