Trigger Generator?

Post by MPearso » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

We have been using a development tool which creates basic SQLServer triggers
for us, but the tool has been discontinued.  I am very familiar with
development tools, but not familiar with the DBA Tools arena and would like
to check if there is a replacement tool.

I am looking for something that will generate triggers to do the following:

1.  Cascade deletes and updates in SQL DBs that do not support it directly.

2.  Update total fields in parent tables when values are changed in the
child tables.

Any help is appreciated.
Michael

Trigger Generator?

Post by Meade Robbo » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Michael,

The most popular tool is ER/Win, which is now owned by Platinum. Very
robust, and includes template models for triggers, but requires a knowledge
of ER diagram methodologies. Kind of expensive, too, but it may be well
worth the price.

There are other tools too, such as CAST workbench, but I am not as familiar
with them, and I am not sure if they support SQL Server 7.0

-Meade

Quote:> We have been using a development tool which creates basic SQLServer