Selecting a row by it's row number

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

No, I'm afraid SQL Server has no concept of row numbers - this is alien
to SQL.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd

1. Get total number of rows while only selecting top X rows

Does anyone know how to get the total number of rows that a query could have
returned in a select top statement.

For instance, when running the following statement:
Select top 25 * from testtable where price > 10

How could I efficiently find out how many rows really met the criteria
without running:
Select count(*) from testtable where price > 10

Thanks,
Paul McCann

2. Documentation Question

3. Select rows where other related rows don't exist

4. uniVerse Printing & Company Logos

5. question regarding select (multiple rows select into one result row)

6. Q: Faxen

7. row numbers, limiting row# for web usage

8. PC/LAN Auditing Software

9. How do i choose a row from every nth number of rows

10. Accessing rows by row number

11. Insert or update from n number of rows into a single row without a cursor

12. Retrieving a row by Row Number

13. row updating, trigger, row number or id, HELP